Registered Pharmacy Technician
About Classic Care
Classic Care Pharmacy was founded in 1996 for the purpose of exclusively providing medication and consulting services to Long Term Care Homes and Retirement Residences. With locations in London, Burlington and Ottawa, Classic Care currently service many Municipal, Non-Profit and For-Profit homes throughout Ontario. Classic Care’s dynamic team is comprised of Certified Geriatric Consultant Pharmacists, Certified Diabetes Educators, Registered Nurses, Technology Coordinators, Certified Pharmacy Technicians, Senior Account Executive, and Customer Care Representatives. They are all dedicated professionals specializing in geriatric care with their primary focus on meeting the unique needs of the residents.
The Registered Pharmacy Technician plays an important role in the quality and safety of our medications. Their support to the Pharmacists is essential to maintaining our quality standards. Classic Care is looking for a Registered Pharmacy Technician to work at the London, ON location. As a Registered Pharmacy Technician you will report to the Pharmacy Management team.
Your Day To Day
- Work constructively with pharmacists, interns, students, peers and members of the inter-professional team
- Visually inspect compliance packaging via InspectRx machine
- Sign technical aspects of prescriptions in compliance with the approved guidelines of the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Ensuring accurate documentation of completed work as per policies and procedures
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and ethical standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager or Operations Manager
What You Bring To The Team
- Registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Must have liability insurance
- Experience with Kroll Windows Pharmacy System an asset
- 3-5 years of relevant pharmacy experience
- Proven attendance record
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effectively communicate with both external and internal contacts
- Remains calm under pressure and is able to meet tight deadlines
- Possess a positive, cooperative and team oriented attitude
- Knowledge of ATP (Automated Tablet Packager machine) an asset
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!