Pharmacy Support Staff (3pm-11pm)
About Classic Care
Classic Care Pharmacy was founded in 1996 for the purpose of exclusively providing medication and consulting services to Long Term Care Homes and Retirement Residences. With locations in London, Burlington and Ottawa, Classic Care currently services many Municipal, Non-Profit and For-Profit homes throughout Ontario. Classic Care’s dynamic team is comprised of Certified Geriatric Consultant Pharmacists, Certified Diabetes Educators, Registered Nurses, Technology Coordinators, Certified Pharmacy Technicians, Senior Account Executive, and Customer Care Representatives. They are all dedicated professionals specializing in geriatric care with their primary focus on meeting the unique needs of the residents.
Classic Care is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
Under the direction of the pharmacy management team and supervision of registered pharmacy team members, the pharmacy support staff member is responsible for supporting pharmacy team members to achieve desired pharmacy outcomes.
Your Day To Day
- Reallocation of medications
- Maintaining and monitoring of pharmacy inventory when required
- Pre-packaging medications when required
- Miscellaneous support functions when required
- Collaborates with all members of the pharmacy team to ensure medication orders are dispensed accurately, safely, timely and completely
- Completes daily tasks in accordance with established work place policies and procedures
- Consults with members of the pharmacy management and registered pharmacy team when there are unresolved issues surrounding day to day work functions
- Follows all corporate regulations, policies and procedures at all times
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and ethical standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ability to effectively train/mentor pharmacy team members when required
- Proven ability to foster strong partnerships with other team members
- Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and be able to interact with persons in a professional manner
- Skilled in critical thought processes and be able to prioritize appropriately
- Must demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Self-directed requiring minimal supervision and able to work independently
- Motivated to achieve results that reflect a high standard of quality
- Must demonstrate good listening skills and be adaptable to changes in job environment
- Dependable and responsible in the execution of job duties
- Adaptable to internal work changes
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!