Registered Nurses- OR (Casual)
At Centric Health we strive to offer the most innovative health and wellness solutions. Our unique brand of care includes: surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. We have over 800 dedicated healthcare professionals, consultants, and support staff who provide services nationally and operate six full accredited surgical centers. We service over 25,000 patients in care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario.
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse specializing in the OR looking for a change? Are you looking to achieve excellence, roll up your sleeves and work with a team of highly qualified experts?
Then this is the place for you!
Canadian Surgery Solutions, a division of Centric Health, is a unique health care facility that provides medical assessment, surgical procedures and post-operative rehabilitation services for elective surgery in Calgary, Alberta Canada. Canadian Surgery Solutions has been fully accredited since 1997 ensuring the highest standards of care in the industry. Our nurses are ACLS Certified (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and our surgical staff consists of some of the most highly trained medical professionals in Canada.
This is an exciting opportunity for casual OR Registered Nurses to join our roster.
As an RN with Canadian Surgery Solutions, you are responsible and accountable for providing direct patient care using the nursing process through the assessment, planning, implementation and on-going evaluation of patient needs. The RN will act in accordance with CARNA standards and scope of practice pertaining to the peri-operative patient and in accordance with facility policy and procedure. The RN must possess the skills, knowledge and experience to assess, treat and teach patients undergoing a variety and combination of operative procedures. The RN must demonstrate a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors. Possesses critical thinking and assessment skills.
Your Day To Day
- Providing appropriate assessments and care of the peri-operative patient, including but not limited to:
o Vital sign monitoring and recognition of the need for intervention.
o Resuscitation and response to Malignant Hyperthermia and other emergent situations.
- Maintaining current knowledge of changes or updates in technology and techniques.
- Utilizing all data to formulate individualized care and plans for transfer to the post-anaesthetic recovery room.
- Setting priorities in planning care and implementing the medical treatment plan as determined by the physician.
- Assuming duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Manager, Surgical Services, or designate.
- Scrub and circulating responsibilities.
What You Bring To The Team
- Graduate of a recognized Nursing Program.
- Current CARNA registration.
- Peri-operative training recommended.
- Current CPR-C.
- Completion of post-basic Operating Room course preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years current peri-operative nursing experience required; 5 years preferred.
- Orthopaedic Surgical experience preferred.
- Arthroscopy experience preferred.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
Your Career. Our Focus!
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!