Registered Nurses (RN) - Operating Room
A little over five years ago we started Centric Health with the belief that we could positively change the way healthcare is delivered to Canadians, and today we are Canada’s largest integrated healthcare provider and growing.
At Centric Health we strive to offer the most innovative health and wellness solutions. Our unique brand of care includes: surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. We have over 800 dedicated healthcare professionals, consultants, and support staff who provide services nationally and operate six full accredited surgical centers. We service over 25,000 patients in care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario.
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse specializing in the OR looking for a change? Are you looking to achieve excellence, roll up your sleeves and work with a team of highly qualified experts? Then this is the place for you!
Founded in 1996, False Creek Healthcare Centre, a division of Centric Health, is one of Canada’s most renowned independent health providers, offering world-class service to individuals seeking immediate access to high quality medical care in Canada. Services include advanced diagnostics, executive health, family practice, urgent care, surgeons, specialists, plastic surgery and more. False Creek’s team of over 100 physicians and surgeons are leaders in their fields, chosen for their professional qualifications and dedication to the care of others. They are leaders in their fields, with the highest degree of surgical skills, experience and knowledge available.
This is an exciting opportunity for casual OR Registered Nurses to join our roster.
Your Day To Day
These active, hands on roles will work closely with and under supervision of the Director of Surgical Services and the Team Lead to support the needs of the facility. The RN is responsible and accountable for providing direct patient care using the nursing process through the assessment, planning, implementation and on-going evaluation of patient needs.
Overview of Nature and Scope of work:
- Providing appropriate assessment and care pre-op, intra-op and post-operation recovery
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities to support the facility and national ORNAC Standards
- Acts in accordance with CRNBC standards and scope of practice and in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate communication channels to disseminate information
- Demonstrates a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Assuming duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Director of Surgical Services, or designate.
What You Bring To The Team
- Graduate of a recognized Nursing Program.
- Completion of recognized postgraduate perioperative nursing program or equivalent in education and experience in perioperative nursing.
- Registered in good standing with/or be eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Registered Nurses of BC (CRNBC).
- Minimum of 2 years current related nursing experience required.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Current CPR Level HCP, or BLS Provider certification (taken within 2 years).
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
Your Career. Our Focus.
Your Career. Our Focus!