About Classic Care
Classic Care Pharmacy was founded in 1996 for the purpose of exclusively providing medication and consulting services to Long Term Care Homes and Retirement Residences. With locations in London, Burlington and Ottawa, Classic Care currently services many Municipal, Non-Profit and For-Profit homes throughout Ontario. Classic Care’s dynamic team is comprised of Certified Geriatric Consultant Pharmacists, Certified Diabetes Educators, Registered Nurses, Technology Coordinators, Certified Pharmacy Technicians, Senior Account Executive, and Customer Care Representatives. They are all dedicated professionals specializing in geriatric care with their primary focus on meeting the unique needs of the residents.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Shipper/Receiver supports Classic Care Pharmacy’s service offering by ensuring safe and efficient shipping, receiving and storage of items required to operate a pharmacy.
Your Day To Day
- Ensure items are packaged/labelled appropriately for safe shipping/delivery to their desired destination by contracted courier and/or company drivers
- Ensure items are received appropriately and distributed internally for safe/appropriate storage/use to their desired location following company policies and procedures
- Ensure safe workplace techniques are used at all times
- Maintain/prepare files for on/off-site storage when required
- Prepare/maintain delivery sheets and associated itemized documentation
- Received orders are reconciled against packing slips and discrepancies are reported when applicable
- Monitoring of pharmacy inventory for expired product
- Assist with inventory counts when required
- Maintaining and monitoring of pharmacy inventory when required
- Ordering/invoicing sundry/non-medication items when required
- Scan and verify invoices for management team member authorization via “doc-link”
- Emergency medication delivery when required
- Maintain sharps and medication waste services when required
- Completes daily tasks in accordance with established work place policies and procedures
- Consults with members of the pharmacy management when there are unresolved issues surrounding day to day work functions
- Follows all corporate regulations, policies and procedures at all times
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and ethical standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Miscellaneous Warehouse support functions as required
What You Bring To The Team
- Shipping and receiving experience preferred
- Must have a valid G Driver’s License
- Must have basic computer skills. Knowledge of the KROLL system would be beneficial
- Self-directed requiring minimal supervision and able to work independently
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout the day
- Must be motivated to achieve results that reflect a high standard of quality
- Must demonstrate good listening skills and be adaptable to changes in job environment
- Dependable and responsible in the execution of job duties
- Must be adaptable to changes with internal procedures and tasks
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!