$2,000.00 Sign-on Bonus Offered!
If you are committed to providing high quality care to the elderly, CEI is the place for you! As a Nursing Assistant at CEI, you will provide physical assistance, basic personal care and psychosocial support to CEI's seniors in their homes. Duties include assisting with activities of daily living (ADLs), noting changes in participants’ physical and emotional health, and communicating this information to your supervisor.
- CNA certification is required.
- 1 year experience working with the frail and elderly.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Ability to travel between job sites, on an as needed basis.
- Weekend availability preferred.
- Bi-Lingual (Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Hindi or Spanish) strongly preferred.
We are looking for CNAs/Nursing Assistant who have:
- A good work history, with good attendance and being on-time.
- Experience caring for older adults, some of who are frail and have dementia.
- Experience doing light house cleaning, consistently and efficiently.
- Can follow directions with limited supervision.
- Good people skills, and a helpful attitude.
- Can keep good, accurate records of your work.
- Bilingual is a plus
Founded in 1992, Center for Elders’ Independence has earned the reputation as one of the best safety nets and community resources for seniors and healthcare in the East Bay.
Here’s what our home care employees say about working at CEI:
“I love the work and the people. It’s a joy and an honor to work with the elderly and offer them quality care.”
“I like my job. I like to work with elderly people when they can live independently and make their own decisions. It’s very different from a nursing home.”
“CEI is my family, even more than my real family. I like the training. It’s good how they make sure you know what you need to know and have what you need to do your job.”
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.