The Position: Under the supervision of the Transportation Manager in conjunction with the Center Directors, the Road Supervisor will be responsible to supervise all activities, operations, and personnel issues as well as monitoring street operations of the transportation team of drivers assigned to a particular center.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years driving experience (transporting elderly or disabled preferred)
- Clean DMV report. Valid CA class B driver’s license with passengers’ endorsement. Ability to operate a large van with patience and skill.
- Basic English proficiency. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively write correspondence, reports, and procedures
- Ability to problem solving including investigating workplace performance of assigned Drivers (Group) and suggest corrective actions including detailed Performance improvement plans and progressive disciplinary written warnings.
- Knowledge of how to use and maintain positions equipment (e.g. vehicle, lift, tie-downs).
- Knowledge of safety requirements and defensive driving techniques.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Alameda and/or West Contra County areas.
- Must pass, and maintain certification under DOT Regulations.
Founded in 1992, Center for Elders’ Independence has earned the reputation as the one of the premier safety net organizations and community resources for seniors and healthcare in the East Bay. CEI's interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation provides high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly.
This is what our employees say about working at CEI:
“The integrated team work at CEI is wonderful.”
CEI is a great organization and it is an honor to be a part of this wonderful team.”
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.