We offer a $2,000 sign on bonus!!!
The Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities.
Nursing Assistant Responsibilities
- As a Nursing Assistant you will help a small group of elders in their daily routines.
- Prepare the elders to get dressed to go out. Escort elders to our vans. The vans drive the elders to our centers, which have a medical clinic and social center.
- The Nursing Assistant will help the elder move from their bed to a chair or a wheelchair. Help them walk, sometimes with a cane or walker.
- Let your supervisor know when the elders need food, medicine, or personal products.
- The Nursing Assistant will follow the care plan to complete tasks for your elders.
- The Nursing Assistant will call the Home Care Nurses when there are changes in an elders' health or emotional state. Call this nurse if there is a change in the elders' needs, or something urgent happens.
- We will schedule your daily assignments. If there is a change to the schedule, the staffing coordinator will call you.
As a Nursing Assistant you must meet these requirements
- A valid Certified Nursing Assistant license
- High School Diploma or GED or 2 years of relevant work experience.
- CPR certificate and First Aid certification. These must be up-to-date.
- You understand basic English, can understand instructions, and write simple sentences.
We are looking for CNAs/Nursing Assistants who have:
- A good work history, with good attendance and being on-time.
- Experience caring for older adults, some of who are frail and have dementia.
- Experience doing light house cleaning, consistently and efficiently.
- Can follow directions with limited supervision.
- Good people skills, and a helpful attitude.
- Can keep good, accurate records of your work.
- Bilingual is a plus
This is what our employees say about working at CEI:
“I really appreciate working in such a positive, caring environment. The things I like most about my job are my dedicated colleagues, the strength of the participants, and the opportunity to become a better clinician.”
“I love my job and what it stands for – TEAM: Together Everyone Achieves More.”
“CEI is a great organization and it is an honor to be a part of this wonderful team.”
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.