Under the supervision of the Manager, Transportation Dispatch Communication Center, the Transportation Coordinator is responsible for acting as a liaison between the transportation department and center staff for related updates and answers, to communicate any changes or adjustments with transportation services in tandem with dispatch manager to the center staff and participants and coordinating the dispatch of all CEI transportation services to program participants through ongoing communication with the Dispatch/Schedulers. Utilizing the transportation department software, this includes reviewing past, current, and future trips, on-time performance, canceling trips as needed, and notifying both participants and CEI staff of any updates or changes to transportation services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a liaison between the transportation department and center staff and participants for related updates and answers to any transportation related questions or issues.
- Communicate any changes or adjustments with transportation services in tandem with dispatch manager to center staff and participants.
- Assist with maintaining the transportation hub for all changes to participant profiles or schedules.
- Communicate any changes or adjustments with contacted providers in tandem with dispatch manager.
- Report any issues with drivers or participants for timely resolution by department road supervisors or managers.
- Manage trip adjustments as needed.
- Prepare for next hours of business. Review upcoming trips in the schedule.
- Cancel any trip that is still open that will not be performed.
- Follow up with participants on reasons for cancelations and communicate with center staff on any participant issues.
- Attend transportation software offered educational programming to maintain competency with software functionality.
- Follows all CEI Policies and Procedures.
- Complies with all agency training requirements including department specific meetings and trainings.
- Maintain safe working environment by following CEI’s safety P&P’s.
- Maintain a courteous, helpful and professional attitude on the job. Display a willingness and ability to be responsive to all customer groups
- Perform other duties as assigned in a positive and helpful manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ experience in transportation related industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills – word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Phone experience in a call center environment is a plus.
- Well organized.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve complex issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player in a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary setting.
- Bilingual a plus but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Environment: Standard office setting; exposure to computer screens; may be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Physical: Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting or walking for prolonged periods of time; extensive use of computer keyboard.
The above job description is intended to communicate the general function of the mentioned position and by no means shall be considered an exhaustive or complete outline of the specific tasks and functions that will be required. CEI reserves the right to change job descriptions, site assignments, and or work hours as required by the needs of the program. All employees are expected to perform their duties within their ability as required by the job and/or as requested by management.
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.