SENIOR QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM MANAGER
The Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities.
The Position: Under the supervision of the Director of Quality Improvement, the Senior Quality Improvement Program Manager is responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of quality studies, chart reviews and other quality department projects. The Senior Quality Improvement Program Manager develops detailed action plans, facilitates meetings, and effectively communicates and documents final results of all projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Quality Assessment & Performance Improvement Program:
- Oversees Infection Control Program for CEI; Chairs and facilitates the Infection Control Committee.
- Review & revise Infection Control Protocols, Policies and Procedures.
- Develops and implements agency policies, procedures, and protocols as assigned
- Makes recommendations on content and format of policies and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance with regulations. Ensures accurate submission of HPMS (Health Plan Management System) data on a quarterly basis.
- Oversee Participant Incident Reporting for CEI; includes tracking and reviewing all incident reports for accuracy and completeness. Provide education to select stakeholders on Incident Reporting.
- Writes drafts of quality studies and indicators based on the recommendations of the quality team
- In collaboration with the Quality Improvement team, leads identified Quality Improvement and Quality Assurance initiatives. Collects and analyzes data & presents findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Plans, coordinates and implements site chart reviews and communicate findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinates follow-up on selected corrective action plans to ensure compliance.
- Provides education to staff on quality assurance programs
- Keeps abreast of local and national quality trends and works with all levels of CEI management to analyze patterns which impact the efforts of quality monitoring activities
- Coordinates and implements other quality improvement and quality assurance projects as assigned
Project Management & Liaison Activities:
- Responsible for coordination and completion of assigned projects, performing a variety of tasks including setting deadlines, planning action steps, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing progress and results of the project
- Participates in management, operations, and quality assurance meetings
- Participates or leads other management meetings and task force meetings as required
- Participates in PACE activities, including attending conference calls, reporting data, and other communication as deemed necessary
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results and information
- about participants, clients or families
- Follows all CEI Policies and Procedures, OSHA safety guidelines
- Complies with all agency training requirements
- Maintains safe working environment by following CEI’s Safety Polices and Procedures and participating in CEI’s Safety Committee if requested
- Maintains a courteous, helpful and professional attitude on the job
- Displays a willingness and ability to be responsive in a warm and caring manner to all customer groups
- Performs other duties as assigned in a positive and helpful manner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or similar degree from an accredited academic institution and at least three years’ direct care work experience in a health care organization required. CPHQ preferred.
- Current RN licensure required.
- Minimum two years of infection control experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience working with Electronic Medical Record systems.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, & PowerPoint, Visio applications.
- Experience with quality assurance programs including developing quality studies, data analysis and presentation of quality study findings.
- Exercises initiative and flexibility; able to plan, organize and meet deadlines, taking into account changing priorities.
- Experience facilitating discussions, groups & meetings
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working effectively and harmoniously with a diverse staff, public and private agencies and government officials.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to track, organize and present information that is accessible to others.
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.