Director of In-Home Services RN
Director of iN-hOME sERVICES RN
The Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities.
The Position: Reporting to the Senior Director Clinical Services (SDCS), the Director of In-Home Services is responsible for management, quality and utilization of in home services provided for program participants. This includes skilled and unskilled services in the home, care transitions in the community and housing placements to ensure safe home environments. Responsible for ongoing operations direction for centralized continuing care services (CCSC) for participants including, but not limited to a 24-hour high quality service center to provide timely telephone advice, skilled nursing placement and discharge, hospital care and discharge, and related services such as durable medical equipment. The Director develops and implements departmental policies, procedures and protocols that ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and high-quality professional nursing and in home services practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises in home services team leaders to ensure quality care is assessed, scheduled and delivered to program participants in a timely and efficient manner to meet required needs in their homes.
- Supervises Coordinated Care Service Center team to ensure care transitions in the community are integrated with CEI services, provided in a timely manner and utilizing best practices.
- Integrates in home services with IDT.
- Develops and implements departmental policies, procedures and protocols that ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and high-quality nursing and in home care services practice.
- Oversees department integration in PACE care planning process and the provision of care to participants. Ensures supervision of in home services staff are routinely provided and include regular site visits and modeling quality care practices.
- Ensures appropriate department staffing, resource management and accountability to policies, procedures, standards of care and budgets
- Oversees all operational aspects of the in home services department, including budget management.
- Consults with IDT members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate participant care plans.
- Ensures that personal care and supply service processes are in place and delivered appropriately and according to the IDT plan of care.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to the staff to ensure appropriate onboarding, training and performance of in home services and CCSC teams.
- Develops strong communication and relationships between in home services, CCSC, IDTs and other CEI departments and within the department.
- Responsible for ongoing operations direction for centralized continuing care services for participants including, but not limited to a 24-hour high quality service center to provide timely telephone advice, skilled nursing placement and discharge, hospital care and discharge, and related services such as durable medical equipment
- Supports the department’s training and competency program implementation to ensure quality, compliance and high performing team members.
- Provides leadership and direction in response to any complaints or grievances related to care delivery and collaborates with other members of the IDT and leaders to ensure resolution and ongoing process improvements.
- Attend meetings at all CEI locations as needed.
- Participates in the organization’s quality improvement program (QIP) as assigned.
- Leads interdisciplinary and/or interdepartmental projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results and information about participants or families.
- Follows all CEI Policies and Procedures.
- Complies with all agency training requirements.
- Maintains safe working environment by following CEI’s safety P&P’s.
- Maintains a courteous, helpful and professional attitude on the job. Displays a willingness and ability to be responsive to all customer groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned in a positive and helpful manner.
- Graduate of an accredited College or University with a Baccalaureate Degree in a Nursing
- Master’s degree in nursing, public health or education preferred.
- At least 5 years of management and supervisory experience
- At least five years of work experience nursing, Home Care/Home Health experience preferred. Experience with the elderly preferred.
- Current California RN license required
- CPR certificate required
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience with the EMR (electronic medical record). Strong computer skills – word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience with planning, facilitating and documenting meetings.
- Well organized.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve complex issues.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team player in a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary setting.
- Strong customer service skills.
The above job description is intended to communicate the general function of the mentioned position and by no means shall be considered an exhaustive or complete outline of the specific tasks and functions that will be required. CEI reserves the right to change job descriptions, site assignments, and or work hours as required by the needs of the program. All employees are expected to perform their duties within their ability as required by the job and/or as requested by management.
SUPERVISED BY: Senior Director Clinical Services
POSITION SUPERVISE STAFF:Yes
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.