Memory Care Director (Full Time)
Memory Care Director
Arrow Senior Living Management wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part in a much larger story of residents’ lives. It is our hope that Arrow team members create joy-filled memories with these respected generations. And because there is no greater gift that someone can give than their time, we thank you for your generosity.
1) To be a ‘Conductor of Culture’ by ensuring that Memory Care team members embrace responsibility of hosting and anticipating the needs of its residents, maintaining a spirit of hospitality and professionalism in accordance with Arrow Senior Living core values.
2) To be a ‘Talent Trainer’ by and ensuring adherence to community standards, policies and procedures and applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations when selecting, onboarding, and providing ongoing training for team members.
3) To be a ‘Program Pioneer’ by implementing and managing Memory Care programs and services to promote and maintain the highest practicable level of physical, social, and psychological well-being for residents living with dementia diagnoses.
4) To be a ‘Curator of Care’ by assembling, cataloguing, and managing the personalized care needs of memory care neighborhood residents and the requests and expectations of family members.
This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
● Develops, implements, and manages, in collaboration with community leadership and Arrow Senior Living management team, Memory Care programming and services consistent with identified best practices in order to meet the assessed physical, social, emotional, and psychological needs of the residents of the community who are living with dementia diagnoses.
● Supervises and manages the Memory Care team, including hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating performance to ensure that programs and services are carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures and budgetary guidelines established for the Memory Care program in partnership with the Executive Director.
● Collaborates with community leadership team to ensure that training and education (orientation, onboarding and ongoing) is provided community-wide to all staff with direct resident contact who need to understand and employ proper approaches and communication techniques with residents exhibiting cognitive decline and/or living with dementia.
● Participates in resident evaluations to ensure that a variety of activities and events are available to residents in the Memory Care neighborhood; ensures that the Memory Care team and residents are actively involved and engaged with activities consistent with the identified resident needs and preferences; in collaboration with Director of Wellness develops individualized service plans to promote resident confidence and satisfaction.
● Maintains a home-like setting in the Memory Care neighborhood that incorporates dementia care best practices whereby residents are provided with multiple opportunities for engagement within their environment.
● Encourages use of best practices in resident engagement, communication, and approaches through modeling, training, and coaching of such practices.
● Promotes and encourages resident family involvement in resident’s lives through activities and special events appropriate to identified needs and interests of Memory Care residents.
● Organizes and participates in dementia-related education and support for residents, their families and caregivers for those living with dementia diagnoses, such as regularly scheduled Town Hall meetings and education provided by organizations/vendors with specialized subject matter expertise.
● Assists residents, families and caregivers to understand normal aspects of the aging process and to identify signs and symptoms of abnormal aging in order to coordinate and manage care and promote overall health and wellbeing and optimize quality of life.
● Prepares and maintains pertinent documentation, to include medical records, reports in accordance with state laws and regulations and company policy and procedures.
● Develops and maintains a culture of hospitality and professionalism in all interactions with residents, their families, vendors, and guests.
● Supports and collaborates in initiatives to build and maintain Memory Care neighborhood occupancy, including those associated with marketing the Community.
● Maintains current knowledge of Memory Care trends and research.
● Participates in companywide initiatives designed to enhance Memory Care programming and services.
● Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent protected medical and personal information.
● Participates in Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) and Risk Management initiatives at the community and company-wide level.
● Ensures culinary services are appropriate to the Memory Care resident population.
● High school diploma or general education degree.
● Degree in a related field preferred.
● Minimum of two years’ experience and knowledge of theories and practices related to the care of persons living with dementia or in a related field with transferable knowledge and skills. Preference will be given to candidates with leadership experience as a Director in a specialized dementia program.
Arrow Senior Living Management, LLCApproved 2/20/2019