Here at Connect Distribution, our aim is to be the first choice for home appliance after sales service, spare parts and accessories.
With fifty years of experience, we are the largest independent home appliance and spare parts distribution organisation within the UK working with a number of household brands including Dyson, Whirlpool, Hotpoint, Hoover and Bosch to name a few!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Perl Developer to join our ever expanding business.
Currently there a number of Brown Field applications which developers are focusing on, but we are also starting to work on our new Green Field Service Oriented Architecture, which you will play a part in.
As a Perl Developer, the role will involve:
- Design and implement new features as specified by the business.
- Review code changes made by other team members and offer constructive feedback.
- Write unit tests.
- Work closely with other departments on gathering requirements for new features.
- Carrying out bug fixes to existing software.
- Work closely with IT Infrastructure & testing teams to ensure technical compatibility and performance requirements.
- Diagnose and resolve areas of weakness within the company’s application estate and recommend improvements.
As a Perl developer it’s important you have:
- Software development qualification or professional experience as a software developer.
- A strong development background, including the writing unit tests.
- Experience of mySQL.
- An understanding of Unit Testing.
- Exposure to version control systems (Subversion, Git, VSTS)
- An appetite to learn new programming languages
What we offer:
- Free on-site parking
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Access to over 250 discounts including high street and online shopping, travel, technology, entertainment, food and drink and many more via Perkbox
- Potential to win access to Football tickets for Birmingham City home games
- Staff discounts on all products
Job Type: Full-time