Lead QA Tester
Here at Connect, our aim is to be the first choice for home appliance after sales service, spare parts and accessories.
With fifty years of experience, we are the largest independent home appliance and spare parts distribution organisation within the UK working with a number of household brands including Dyson, Whirlpool, Hotpoint, Hoover and Bosch to name a few!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead QA Engineer to join our ever expanding business.
Currently there are a number of Brown Field applications which developers are focusing on, but we are also starting to work on our new Green Field Service Oriented Architecture, which you will play a part in.
As a Lead QA Engineer, the role will involve:
- Working within, and leading, a team of testers who test all of Connect and eSpares web applications
- End-to-end testing all aspects of our applications
- Coaching and mentoring permanent QA team members in best practices, specifically with writing test scripts and thinking about test case scenarios.
- Work very closely with the development team to effectively test projects and BAU work
- Working with the development manager and QA team members to put together test plans for waterfall projects, and agile projects.
- Write test scripts for projects to ensure all aspects of functionality has been tested
- Review test scripts produced by other members of the QA team
- Change QA processes as you see fit, to ensure you are getting the best out of your team
- Implement a test strategy and ensure this is followed by all members of the digital team
- Working with the development manager and QA team members to put together an environment strategy for the green field development
- Taking responsibility for production issues and work with the development manager to put things in place so these issues do not reoccur
- Building automation tests using Record & Play tools
- Building automation tests using Postman / Numan
- Where necessary use Browserstack and other testing tools
- Use Jira to record and manage defects
As a Lead QA Engineer it’s important you have:
- Experience of working in a scrum team
- Experience of testing services – particularly within SOA
- Experience of creating test scripts
- Experience of writing basic SQL
- A very keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, results focused and able to work on own initiative
- Effective time management skills
- ISTQB test certification (foundation is a minimum requirement)
- 5+ years of pervious QA experience, at least 2+ years of which must have been as a senior tester.
- Experience of using Jira for defect management and test scripts
- Strong background in Digital (specially; responsive websites, SOA, APIs, Cloud - AWS).
- A strong background in Agile or Scrum (having been a scrum team member for some of your career).
- Have strong leadership characteristics, so you can lead a QA team effectively as well as being assertive to ensure things are being done the right way.
As a QA Engineer we'd be really excited if you have:
- Experience of Postman / Numan
- Experience of automation testing – ideally using Record & Play tools rather than writing code
- Previous experience in performance testing
- Free on-site parking
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Access to over 250 discounts including high street and online shopping, travel, technology, entertainment, food and drink and many more via Perkbox
- Potential to win access to Football tickets for Birmingham City and Aston Villa home games
- Staff discounts on all products
Job Type: Full-time