Here at Connect Distribution, our aim is to be the first choice for home appliance after sales service, spare parts and accessories.
With fifty years of experience, we are the largest independent home appliance and spare parts distribution organisation within the UK working with a number of household brands including Dyson, Whirlpool, Hotpoint, Hoover and Bosch to name a few!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Copywriter to join our ever expanding business. As a Digital Copywriter the role will involve:
- Driving the content strategy and production of our onsite Advice Centre.
- Creating concise, engaging SEO friendly content for the Advice Centre.
- Turning sometimes complex technical content into easily understood and engaging copy
- Managing the content calendar for the Advice Centre to support seasonal campaigns, to align the content posted on social channels and to ensure topics are relevant to audience.
- Utilising the Advice Centre to engage with existing customers and as a tool for new customer acquisition.
- Using analytics, keyword research and SEO tools to identify content gaps and improve rankings.
- Writing SEO copy for the following;
- Brand and category landing pages
- Meta Data for all new pages
- YouTube video channel
- Ad-hoc content department requests
As Digital Copy Writer you will need:
- Excellent written English (perfect spelling and grammar essential)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to write in different styles and tones of voice for a range of audiences
- Understanding of SEO and how to write optimised copy that drives action
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and interpreting analytics
- Able to do research using multiple sources
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) ideally in a relevant field
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
We would be really excited if you have:
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Experience of using a content management system
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders and incorporating feedback
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your capabilities for the role
- A strong work ethic and desire to succeed!
What we offer:
- Free on-site parking
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Access to over 250 discounts including high street and online shopping, travel, technology, entertainment, food and drink and many more via Perkbox
- Social events
- Staff discounts on all products
Job Type: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Monday – Friday 08:30 -17:00.