System Administrator I
This position will assist the Catchpoint Operations team in Monitoring, investigate, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix application, server, network, and infrastructure problems. Catchpoint Operations is responsible for maintaining the highest possible uptime for the Customer & internal network. This individual will be managing the day-to-day operation of the team focused on maintaining the highest possible uptime for all aspects of our global infrastructure & services hosted across multiple third-party datacenters, and be responsible for triaging, providing incident solutions and escalating to L2 engineers keeping SLAs and OLAs in mind. This person will work closely with Operations, Technical services teams, Operations Managers, internal partners, and external customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitor Catchpoint's node infrastructure and troubleshoot Windows/Linux server issues
- Accept & registers incidents from the Support team
- Classify incidents according to the specified options/categories
- Execute 1st attempt to solve the customer incidents and/or escalate to next level based on SLAs
- Tracks the progress of an owned incident ticket all during entire lifecycle (from start to end, register to close) to ensure that it is resolved within the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) and updates tickets. (Note: is responsible that the solution is created but is not necessarily responsible for the solution itself).
- Escalate to the appropriate next level or management when thresholds are violated.
- Drive operational aspects of incident management, ensuring SLAs for time, quality, and customer satisfaction are met in for our global infrastructure.
- Directly manages the workload and priorities of the Operations team triage functions to quickly assess business impact and quickly identify restoration plans.
- Interacts with customers and executive management using written and spoken communication, provide status update on major incidents affecting business or revenue.
- Ability to quickly understand new tool/process requirements and drive the implementation to further enhance efficiency and service excellence.
- Work closely with other groups and management to define and share best practices across support.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, quantitative and analytical skills, team player, and collaboration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required; special focus on customer/client interaction a must.
- Operations Experience in a 24 x 7 x 365 supports models.
- Working knowledge of ITIL service management functions is a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in Windows Servers & troubleshooting network issues.
- Knowledge in Linux will be an added advantage.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory, Wins Server, IIS, and Web services
- Basic working knowledge of Enterprise Server Platforms.
- Fundamental understanding of large scale networking, including OSI Model, DNS, WINS, TCP/IP, VLANs, DHCP, Routing, ACLs, and switching.
- Good to have Windows virtualization knowledge
- Understanding of Powershell commands is a plus
- Server Imaging Solution Experience a plus
- Understanding of CDNs/LoadBalancers a plus
- Wireshark or other packet capture tools knowledge is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of troubleshooting remote access issues
- Excellent communication skills, (active listening skills)
- Able to articulate and speak with clear voice
- Diplomatic and must have interpersonal skills
- Able to understand the business’s objectives
- Able to understand and accept that the Customer’s issues affect the business and that without the Customer there is no support department, and that the Customer is an expert in their own field
- Must have empathy with end users
- Team player
- Professional code of conduct
- Must have a good understanding of the organization
- Must have basic technical knowledge of all technology used for the business processes.
- Good writing techniques (English)
- Good phone techniques (English)
Catchpoint is revolutionizing end-user experience monitoring to help companies deliver amazing digital experiences. Our platform provides complete visibility into your users’ experiences from anywhere – and real-time intelligence into your applications and services to detect and fix issues faster. We are proud to partner with digital innovators like Google, L'Oréal, Verizon, Oracle, LinkedIn, Honeywell, Priceline, and Qualtrics, who trust Catchpoint to improve their brand experience and drive their business success.
Catchpoint is an equal opportunity employer that strongly prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours!