Vice President of Solutions Engineering
Catchpoint Systems is seeking a Global Vice President of Solutions Engineering to join our growing sales organization. The VP of Solutions Engineering will report directly to the CRO and be responsible for all solution engineering activities globally.
As a Catchpoint VP, you will be expected to deliver extraordinary initiative, effort and leadership to identify and develop existing business, and close new business. You will lead a team that provides pre- and post-sales support, drive the technical sales agenda, and assure prospects and customers have the right technical solutions to meet their needs. You will help the team determine customer requirements, influence evaluation criteria, set customer expectations, conduct demonstrations and evaluations, and coordinate (and when appropriate, contribute to) the delivery of the solution(s).
- Oversee the recruiting, hiring, development and effectiveness of the pre-sales solutions engineering team.
- Carry direct responsibility for the company’s revenue and renewal quotas.
- Develop plans and strategies for building differentiated business
- Manage pre-sales budgets.
- Support activities of the sales, SDR and customer success managers.
- Maintain key customer relationships; develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to company
- Partner with marketing and sales to refine our service value proposition, as well as sales approach.
- Ensure compliance with overall sales process and set appropriate metrics.
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships.
- 10+ years’ sales/sales management experience in comparable industries.
- 6+ years’ in a leadership role.
- 5+ years’ SaaS software licensing experience.
- Proven evangelical sales track record in a new product/new market environment.
- Experience with specific sales methodologies; MEDDPICC and Challenger Sale.
- Well-versed in using marketing and sales software applications; Marketo, Salesforce.com.
- Previous experience in Digital Experience Monitoring and/or Application Performance Monitoring spaces with strong desire for development and application architecture experience and background.
- Thoroughly familiar with internet service delivery chain components; HTTP headers, CDN, DNS, API technologies, network routing protocols.
- Working knowledge of Web page design and technologies (HTML, element types), Web server applications and servers, JS, and Selenium.
- Experience presenting, demonstrating and handling technical sales engagements as well as being able to present and sell our product to customer’s technical and executive audience.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
Catchpoint is revolutionizing end-user experience monitoring to help companies deliver amazing digital experiences. Our platform provides complete visibility into your users’ experiences from anywhere – and real-time intelligence into your applications and services to detect and fix issues faster. We are proud to partner with digital innovators like Google, L'Oréal, Verizon, Oracle, LinkedIn, Honeywell, Priceline, and Qualtrics, who trust Catchpoint to improve their brand experience and drive their business success.
Catchpoint is an equal opportunity employer that strongly prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours!