Security Engineer II
- Act as the resource for information security devices in a larger team of network & operations engineers, including oversight of vulnerability scanning reports, device log analysis, HIDS, etc.
- Perform front line security incident response as a member of an on-call rotation. Using our established processes and procedures, provide timely investigation and resolution to all suspicious email reports, malware instances, and other security events.
- As assigned, conduct periodic scheduled processes and procedures such as running vulnerability scans, and periodic privileged access reviews.
- Maintain operational responsibility for the information security teams ticketing queue, primarily relating to the evaluating and managing tickets requesting policy exceptions.
- Stay current with cybersecurity trends, threat analysis and the compliance environment with respect to organizational risk; advise organization management and R&D teams and develop and executes plans for compliance and mitigation of risk
A minimum of 2+ years of experience in an information technology security role, or equivalent work experience in other areas of the broader Information Technology field.
- Deep understanding of networking and operating systems concepts Bachelor's degree in MIS/Computer Science or related concentration
NICE TO HAVE
Information Security certifications (CISSP, CISA, CEH, GSEC, OSCP, CRISC, Palo Alto, Cisco, Splunk, and others).
- Knowledge of security hardware, tools or techniques, such as firewalls, SIEM, security certificate handling, threat analysis tools, vulnerability scanners, authentication, encryption, authorization, continuous auditing tools/techniques, network segmentation, access control, privileged account management, etc.