Site Reliability Engineer
Who monitors the monitoring system? A Site Reliability Engineer at Catchpoint is responsible for supporting the systems that run Catchpoint’s global monitoring platform. In this role, you will interact directly with operations and development teams on building and maintaining automation and monitoring to ensure Catchpoint has a scalable and highly reliable system for our customers.
The role requires an operational mindset and a love of solving problems on a global scale with solutions that maintain high reliability and availability. You’ll be exploring and making sense of systems telemetry, logs, passive monitoring and our own synthetic monitors to create an automation that controls, rolls out, and maintains our platform.
This position reports to an SRE manager.
· Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
· Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health. Establish performance baselines, define actions and automation correlating data from multiple sources
· Design, build, and maintain logging and telemetry systems that are used to manage all services.
· Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work.
· Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents.
· Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives.
· Deploy and maintain systems that run on multiple cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, Alibaba, Tencent, Oracle, IBM) and physical systems around the world.
· Be part of an on-call rotation to support production systems
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Strong Linux and or Windows system administration
· Good networking knowledge and experience with Internet Architecture (BGP, peering, DNS).
· 2+ years of incident resolution experience in a large-scale operations environment.
· Experience/knowledge administering application servers, web servers, and databases
· Hands-on experience with cloud deployment, monitoring, and ops analysis tools such as Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, Splunk, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.
· 3+ years with python, bash, PowerShell, C, etc
· Linux experience required; Windows Server desired.
· BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding or equivalent practical experience.
· Appreciation of the value of diversity of opinions
Catchpoint is revolutionizing end-user experience monitoring to help companies deliver amazing digital experiences. Our platform provides complete visibility into your users’ experiences from anywhere – and real-time intelligence into your applications and services to detect and fix issues faster. We are proud to partner with digital innovators like Google, L'Oréal, Verizon, Oracle, LinkedIn, Honeywell, Priceline, and Qualtrics, who trust Catchpoint to improve their brand experience and drive their business success.
Catchpoint is an equal opportunity employer that strongly prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours!