Vice President, Platform Products
Job Title VP, Head of Platform Products
Location Open to US, San Francisco is ideal
At Castlight Health, our mission is to empower people to make the best choices for their health and to help companies make the most of their health benefits. We offer a health benefits platform that engages employees to make better healthcare decisions and can guide them to the right program, care, and provider.
The platform also enables benefit leaders to communicate and measure their programs while driving employee engagement with targeted, relevant communications. We are in an exciting new growth phase expanding into new growth vectors such as health plans, value based care, advanced primary care, and care delivery.
To date, Castlight has partnered with more than 240 large enterprise customers, spanning millions of lives, to improve healthcare outcomes, lower costs, and increase benefits satisfaction.
The Head of Platform Products is a critical role at the company that will be responsible for developing and executing winning product strategies for platform products capitalizing on solid data and platform assets, strong partnerships, and the large market opportunity in health navigation and value based care.
The successful candidate will combine strategic vision, deep healthcare industry expertise, communication skills, and the ability to manage cross-functionally to develop business cases, get internal and external buy-in, and orchestrate execution with customers and partners. This person will thrive in a demanding, rapidly changing, highly cross-functional work environment.
We’re looking for a team member who is deeply passionate about healthcare and the digital health space, excited by the ability to chart their own path and operate well in ambiguity. We’re excited to add a new team member with a “make it happen” attitude who is also collaborative, has a high EQ, and values the success of the team as a whole. The Head of Platform Products will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Products.
- Responsible for product vision, strategy and roadmap of the Platform product portfolios such as provider intelligence, personalization, whole person profile, and value based care.
- Strong inbound and outbound abilities to engage regularly with internal stakeholders, customers, prospects and partners to develop a deep understanding of their “jobs to be done”, pain points, strategies and plans.
- Build trusted relationships and influence with these entities, and bring that understanding back to the Castlight product organization to guide product strategy and roadmap decisions as well as go to market strategies
- Be the expert at “selling” new product vision and strategies to both internal and external audiences by creating impactful story-telling and presentations to key internal and external partners and stakeholders. Support the sales teams as required to win deals.
- Partner closely with Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure customers clearly understand and appreciate the value they receive
- Map the strategy and roadmap into priorities and plans, and partner within R&D and across functions such as PS to ensure the product is not only released on schedule with high quality but also take shared accountability for successful implementation with customers.
- Be an innovative thought leader that can bring outside-in inspiration and learning to continuously challenge and grow the Product organization.
- Bring strong communication skills to bear to confidently communicate Castlight’s narrative to prospects and customers as well as the industry at large.
- Build strong ecosystem partnerships as required to augment and complement the Castlight platform product offerings and ensure we deliver an enhanced value proposition.
- Apply deep understanding each of Castlight’s lines of business, including self-insured employers and health plans to develop a strong portfolio for future growth opportunities
- 10+ years of product strategy and management experience in consumer and/or SaaS products and platforms
- 5+ years of healthcare industry experience, preferably working with health plans, large employers, provider systems, or digital health companies.
- Entrepreneurial and pioneering with outstanding strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Proven ability to create compelling frameworks to develop and validate product theses based on extensive primary and secondary research
- Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed in order to build the strong relationships that will be critical to the success of this roles
- BS/BA required
- MBA and/or technical backgrounds strongly preferred
- Prior strategy consulting experience highly valued
- Open to US, San Francisco is ideal