Job ID 1127
The Inventory Coordinator provides business critical insight and restocking inventory as needed and making sure customer orders are filled properly. The Inventory Coordinator will also assist with comparing the actual stock inventory against the office records to ensure that all counts are as accurate as possible. A successful individual will be able to coordinate with shipping to ensure all received shipments are moving in and out of warehouse facilities as scheduled. Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented multitask.
The Inventory Coordinator will be based out of the Bedford Heights, OH branch and will report directly to the Manager in Bedford Height.
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
- Audit shipments and receipts on a daily basis.
- Work with supply groups to keep appropriate and accurate inventories.
- Coordinate outbound and inbound material shipments.
- Identify usage and inventory issues.
- Perform physical inventory counting
- Update and maintain physical inventory records in computer system
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Assist inventory control personnel with computer update issues
- Assist traffic and warehouse personnel with inventory issues
- Operate crown lift truck to access material
- Provide guidance and recommendations, using local/global usage history, inventory turnover, forecast, and product strategy.
- Develop branch, regional and global demand and inventory plans, in coordination with the branches. Track results, take action and escalate when needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
- Strong PC literacy and applications
- Excel, Access
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong Math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1-3 years’ of experience in a service center environment.
- Production scheduling experience
- Inventory experience
- Inventory systems training
- Shop floor control principles
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.