Job ID 1408
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 130 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, paid time off, paid parental leave, employee recognition, disability benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
This position is responsible for producing machine codes, through computerized drafting, to efficiently process customer orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (performs other duties as assigned):
- Programs and operates computer-drafting system, SigmaNest.
- Imports and/or accurately redraws customer-supplied drawings into computer drafting and nesting system.
- Makes necessary adjustments to customer-supplied base drawings, accounting for stock (if applicable) and tolerance, so parts are accurately produced according to customers’ expectations.
- Ensures orders are nested for best utilizations of Castle’s inventory.
- Files new orders in sequence of production.
- Organizes completed programs/nests for future retrieval.
- Determines the source errors within the program and modifies accordingly.
- Supports inventory management systems and maintains inventory records.
- High School Diploma or GED with two years of college-level coursework in CAD/CAM
- One year of experience in CAD/CAM programming in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of geometric tolerance
- Strong technical orientation in PL software and hardware applications
- Ability to read and interpret customer-supplied drawings
- Ability to read blueprints
- Attention to detail, with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in final work products
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General office environment (keyboard, mouse, telephone use)
- Manual dexterity (grasp, hand/wrist movement)
- Stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach
- Exposure to powered industrial equipment
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to training plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.