Job ID 1120
The Maintenance position performs a variety of duties involving the ability to keep machines and mechanical equipment in proper working condition for the warehouse. The Maintenance position will also be responsible for welding, machining, and mechanical equipment. A successful individual will demonstrate the ability to be efficient in a warehouse environment and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems in a timely fashion.
The Maintenance position will be based out of the warehouse in Hammond, Indiana and will report to the Maintenance Supervisor in Hammond. Hours for this position are Monday-Thursday 4:00pm -2:00am; occasional overtime may be required.
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
- Repair, install, and perform preventative maintenance on a variety of steel processing equipment.
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts, and mark defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work. See more occupations related to this task.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Coordinate/assist outside repair services.
- Maintain records of repair and maintenance.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- English and math competency test required
- Safety orientation including hazards communication and lock-out
- Quality orientation
- Forklift / Raymond Sideloader / Overhead Crane
- WMS a plus
- PC literacy a plus
- Must be able to pass basic measurement competency test
- Minimum two (2) years maintenance work experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.