Regional Commercial Manager
Job ID 1430
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 130 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, paid time off, paid parental leave, employee recognition, disability benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
This position is responsible for using expertise to shape business strategy, motivate a seasoned sales team, and meet and exceed profitability metrics. The successful candidate will use critical problem solving, decision-making and negotiation skills to position Castle Metal’s products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (performs other duties as assigned):
- Grows business, increases lines sold and produces desired sales results by creating a compelling value/profit proposition, increased and residual, for customers with multifaceted accounts.
- Develops business plans to meet or exceed service, quality, safety, inventory, sales and profitability goals.
- Leverages the company’s unique capabilities (heat treating, supply chain expertise, etc.) to meet customers’ business needs.
- Provides resources and direction to district employees to ensure alignment with Company goals.
- Trains, coaches and mentors sales force and management team to continuously improve individual and district performance.
- Accountable for assigned company-wide major accounts to include qualifying, planning, developing teams, executing and closing.
- Makes swift decisions related to personnel, assets, customers, sales, operations and management team to continuously improve performance.
- Makes sales calls on critical customers and prospects to secure profitable business.
- Serves as the business leader for assigned plants and geographies.
- Leads Commercial, Operations, Supply Chain and Logistics with business planning to ensure alignment and customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for profitable growth through the management of both Contractual and Transactional pricing.
- Responsible for Raw Material forecasting accuracy ensuring we maintain a balance between growth and excess/aged inventory.
- Collaborates with sales leadership to ensure their local teams support the needs of the global accounts that need support in the region.
- Reports quarterly results for their region to the Executive Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years of sales experience
- Sales leadership experience and the proven ability to successfully coach and motivate sales team
- Knowledge of Castle Metals' history, philosophy, systems, and organization
- Mathematical ability to understand, interpret and convert units of measure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated skill engaging various levels of customers and employees ranging from the shop floor to the executive suite
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, Power Point, MS Outlook
- Solid strategic planning and decision making skills
- Ability and interest in submitting weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports to management and direct reports
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General office environment (keyboard, mouse, telephone use)
- Manual dexterity (grasp, hand/wrist movement)
- Travel (via plane, train, and/or automobile)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.