Job ID 1237
The Branch Manager is responsible for leading the overall successful branch operations and capabilities with full accountability for Branch profit & loss (P&L), inventory/asset management, order processing & customer satisfaction, operations (quality, logistics, safety) inside & outside sales, and supply chain. Manages execution of branch operating and sales plans and capabilities.
A.M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
Essential Primary Responsibilities:
Branch Level: Accountable for management of day-to-day branch operations:
- P&L with a strong focus on profitability, operating plan execution and achievement of all key operational metrics. Responsible for management of Branch team to ensure acceptable gross profit margins in alignment with branch costs and company goals.
- Direct accountability for branch orders, sales, margins, overhead cost ratios, contribution to profit and working capital on a monthly forecasted basis to support achievement of annual plan/goals.
- Manages inventory and asset management and ensures optimization and balance. Reviews sales orders for appropriate pricing structure and utilization of inventory.
- Manages and ensure environmental, health & safety and quality processes for branch executed maintained appropriately.
- Oversees coordination with key customers in credit, operations, quality, logistics and inventory requirements to improve service and sales levels. Ensures customer service is maintained at a high level, resolves efficiencies, works with branch team to process improve and address new ways to rectify any gaps. Address all customer needs and handle escalated customer concerns. Oversees review approval of credit memos
- Develop annual business plans for assigned branch office, collaborates with sales team for appropriate alignment and integration of goals/plans
- In partnership with Outside Sales assigned representatives make sales calls on critical customers and prospects to secure profitable business. Collaborates with sales team to develop / implement creative sales techniques to increase sales volume to support Branch and the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Lead, manage and coach branch team to ensure all policies and procedures are being followed and teams held accountable
- Ensure the overall people/staffing plan of the branch reflects high performance, bench and succession planning, consistent mentoring, and employee development. Establishes performance objectives and evaluates performance, identifies high potential employees and works with the organization to prepare these individuals for additional responsibility.
- Assess the reasons for performance variation to make appropriate adjustments and execute branch operating and servicing plans in line with P&L accountability.
- Address customer service requirements, balancing inventory, delivery, and quality with P&L responsibility. Ensure employees understand and support customers with quality and seamless customer experiences
- Manage execution of branch operating plan, financial performance, receivables & inventory efficiency, customer service satisfaction, productivity & efficiency, safety, organization effectiveness, employee & overall Branch capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years' successful and progressive management experience in a metals or metals distribution environment
- Experience managing P&L and demonstrated track record of profitability and continuous improvement in a manufacturing and or distribution environment
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Experience in operations with knowledge of OSHA and state specific safety regulations preferred
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Strong analytical skills, creativity, strategic capabilities
- Intermediate knowledge in MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Able to work effectively and adhere to the highest standards of quality, reliability and safety.
- Solid problem skills and able to work in high pressure situations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills combined with a results oriented business approach.
- Master’s degree in Business/Finance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.