Job ID 1508
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 130 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, paid time off, paid parental leave, employee recognition, disability benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
The Territory Manager can work virtually within the Phoenix, AZ area. Territory will cover Phoenix, Tucson, Prescott Valley, and the surrounding area.
This position is responsible for representing and selling products within a sales territory. Manages existing accounts while identifying, developing and prospecting sales opportunities for existing or new customer profitable growth. Works across Castle functional teams in order to drive improvements in sales execution, service and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (performs other duties as assigned):
Territory Growth & Sustainment:
- Represents and sells products within a sales territory. Identifies, evaluates and develops opportunities/business plan with existing and potential customers to increase market share and expand profitable sales.
- Services existing accounts.
- Sells products and solutions purposefully, demonstrating product and operational capabilities; makes presentations and proposals to new and existing clients with accountability to core profitability growth and product promotion.
- Negotiates price, service plans, implementations, etc. in coordination with company directives and customer product requirements.
Sales Execution & Account Management/Servicing:
- Arrange for preparation of sales contracts and/or proposals.
- Cultivates a team environment and works with inside sales to promote and expand business; develop plan together in order to secure the additional business.
- Works cross functionally and utilizes appropriate internal resources to establish and meet customer expectations; helps solve customer needs and improve service levels.
- Works to improve sales processes and tools required to effectively sell and implement value-added solutions and supply chain strategies to increase efficiencies, drive customer satisfaction, lower costs, etc.
- Provides timely reporting and feedback to management regarding account performance and updates.
- Participates in forecasting and market analysis when developing sales objectives; understands general economic, industry, and competitive information.
- Coordinates inventory requirements to support customer sales and manages Company inventory assets.
- Understands the components of overall Company profitability and manages those components to drive optimal profitability.
- Sells across the breadth of strategic Castle products.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of related sales experience with knowledge of business acumen sales techniques and marketing strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with all levels in an organization and to make effective presentations to clients
- Good problem-solving skills with ability to develop solutions to customer problems
- Good organizational skills
- PC literacy, proficiency in MS Office suite
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to initiate and sustain productive business relationships with customers
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General office environment (keyboard, mouse, telephone use)
- Manual dexterity (grasp, hand/wrist movement)
- Travel (via plane, train, and/or automobile)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.