Warehouse Operator - 2nd shift
Job ID 1461
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 130 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, paid time off, paid parental leave, employee recognition, disability benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of responsibilities in the warehouse including pulling/checking customer orders, moving materials, loading/unloading shipments, and general material handling. Operates necessary equipment to store and move products throughout the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (performs other duties as assigned):
- Loads and unloads trucks in an efficient manner.
- Performs a variety of material movement tasks for order filling, receiving, and loading.
- Safely uses assigned power equipment to move material and meet order requirements (crown truck, Raymond side-loader, overhead crane, fork lift, etc.).
- Follows customer requirements to select, fill and package orders.
- Attaches bundle tag to material being shipped and stages for shipment.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Notices and reports defects and/or excessive wear and tear of equipment; May perform set-up and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Basic measurement competency
- Basic math competency
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a warehouse environment
- Strong work ethic
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Manual dexterity (grasp, hand/wrist movement)
- Stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach
- Light lifting (25lbs or less)
- Heavy lifting (25-50lbs)
- Exposure to powered industrial equipment
- Operates machinery and/or power tools
- Operates motor vehicles or heavy equipment
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to training plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.