Maintenance Mechanic - 1st shift
Job ID 1492
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 130 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, paid time off, paid parental leave, employee recognition, disability benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of responsibilities in the warehouse including pulling/checking customer orders, moving materials, loading/unloading shipments, and general material handling. Operates necessary equipment to store and move products throughout the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (performs other duties as assigned):
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose issue.
- Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Coordinates and/or assists in outside repair services.
- Orders replacement parts.
- Inspects complete repairs.
- Maintains records of repair and maintenance.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned.
- Two years of warehouse experience
- Capable of being certified in assigned equipment (forklift, Raymond side-loader, overhead crane, etc.)
- Knowledge of all warehouse equipment and commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a warehouse environment
- Basic measurement competency
- Basic math competency
- Strong work ethic
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Manual dexterity (grasp, hand/wrist movement)
- Stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach
- Light lifting (25lbs or less)
- Exposure to powered industrial equipment
- Operates machinery and/or power tools
- Operates motor vehicles or heavy equipment
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to training plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.