Branch Quality Manager
Job ID 1137
The Branch Quality Manager is responsible for all day-to-day quality activities including problem identification, corrective action, measurement, and follow up. The position also involves compliance responsibilities as well as quality oversight of assigned branch(es).
The Branch Quality Manager will be based out of the office in Wichita, KS and will report directly to the Branch Manager.
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
- Implements the quality process and quality system in assigned branch(es) and establishes quality teams and metrics.
- Assures that employees receive required quality training and attain/maintain desired competencies.
- Acts as a facilitator for branch problem solving, corrective action, and quality initiatives.
- Acts as ISO 9001/ AS9100, AS9120, ISO 9001 location Program Manager and oversees compliance audits.
- Maintains records and reports on the status of the quality process for assigned departments and/or branch(es).
- Facilitates district quality and improvement efforts.
- Coordinates and responds to customer quality problems and audits.
- Assists and/or leads quality presentations.
- Serves as a quality resource for internal audits within assigned branch(s).
- Answers general questions and provides assistance, maintains assignment completion schedules
- Two years of quality, administrative and operational experience
- Knowledge of various methodologies (ex: Six Sigma, Lean, ZDP, TQM, Kaizen, and/or Deming)
- Advanced computer skills including strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ISO/QS/AS 9000 training
- High school diploma or GED
- Some travel required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.