Network Administrator II
Job ID 1008
The Network Administrator II provides business critical insight and supports Castle Metals by monitoring the network to ensure availability to all system users. The Network Administrator preforms necessary maintenance to support IT and will also observe and test website performance to ensure correct functionality. The successful person will be responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining Castle’s server and workstations. Qualified applicants will have strong experience with multiple hardware and software platforms and be able to continue IT training.
The Network Administrator II will be based out of the corporate office in Oak Brook, IL and will report to the Network and Security Manager in Oak Brook. (Requisition #1008).
A.M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
- Managing Cisco LAN/WAN/Wireless network and VoIP devices. This includes the design, installation, upgrade, configuration, and troubleshooting of the corporate network.
- Assisting in the administration of Windows, Active Directory, and Cisco UCS virtual servers.
- Manage projects related to infrastructure upgrades, migrations, and enhancements.
- Act as an escalation point for network issues from Network Administrators and the Service Desk.
- Maintaining accurate records of all maintenance, inventory, and security measures associated with the company’s data networks.
- Monitor and test network performance, and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Managing of network security solutions, including firewall, and intrusion detection systems.
- Participate in recommendations for future network/server upgrades.
- Maintain integrity of network device deployment and security.
- Project management and implementation of mid-sized IT projects.
- Participate in on-call rotation including off-hours and weekends.
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Certifications: Cisco, VMware, and/or Microsoft strongly preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skill
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- 4+ years of Network Administration experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with managing Cisco Unified Communications Manager and detailed understanding of VoIP.
- Configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of Cisco routers, firewalls, switches, and wireless access points. Cisco IOS, IOS Licensing, IPv6, VLANs, ACLs, BGP, Netflow, WLAN, LAN and WAN.
- Management of Operating Systems - Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016.
- Understands virtualization concepts (VMware).
- Solarwinds NPM/NetFlow implementation and management experience.
- Project management experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.