Job ID 1512
This position can be based out of Oak Brook, IL or Janesville, WI
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 130 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, paid time off, paid parental leave, employee recognition, disability benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
This position is responsible for leading the overall successful branch operations and capabilities with full accountability for Branch profit and loss (P&L), inventory/asset management, order processing and customer satisfaction, operations (quality, logistics, safety) inside and outside sales, and supply chain. Manages execution of branch operating and sales plans and capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (performs other duties as assigned):
- Has full P&L accountability with a strong focus on profitability, operating plan execution and achievement of all key operational metrics. Assesses the reasons for performance variation and makes appropriate adjustments in line with P&L accountability.
- Responsible for managing all branch personnel activities to ensure acceptable gross profit margins in alignment with branch costs and Company goals.
- Direct accountability for branch orders, sales, margins, overhead cost ratios, contribution to profit and working capital on a monthly forecasted basis to support achievement of annual plan/goals.
- Manages inventory and assets and ensures optimization and balance. Reviews sales orders for appropriate pricing structure and utilization of inventory.
- Ensures environmental, health & safety, and quality processes are executed and maintained appropriately.
- Oversees coordination with key customers in credit, operations, quality, logistics and inventory requirements to improve service and sales levels. Ensures customer service is maintained at a high level, resolves efficiencies, works with branch team to process improve and address new ways to rectify any gaps. Address all customer needs and handle escalated customer concerns. Oversees review approval of credit memos.
- Develop annual business plans for assigned branch office, collaborates with finance and other functions for appropriate alignment and integration of goals/plans.
- May help make sales calls on critical customers and prospects to secure profitable business. Helps outside sales team develop / implement creative sales techniques to increase sales volume.
- Leads, manages and coaches branch team to ensure all policies and procedures are being followed and teams are held accountable.
- Ensures the overall people/staffing plan of the branch reflects high performance, bench and succession planning, consistent mentoring, and employee development.
- Establishes performance objectives and evaluates performance, identifies high potential employees and works with the organization to prepare these individuals for additional responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or equivalent work experience
- Five years of successful and progressive management experience in a metals or manufacturing environment
- Experience managing P&L and demonstrated track record of profitability and continuous improvement in a manufacturing and or distribution environment
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Strong analytical skills, creativity, strategic capabilities
- Intermediate knowledge in MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Able to work effectively and adhere to the highest standards of quality, reliability and safety
- Strong organizational and communication skills combined with a results oriented business approach
- Ability to work effectively with other functional areas in order to improve service levels, resolve service problems, and reduce costs/improve efficiencies
- Good problem-solving skills with ability to develop new ideas in order to provide innovative solutions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General office environment (keyboard, mouse, telephone use)
- Manual dexterity (grasp, hand/wrist movement)
- Stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach
- Travel (via plane, train, and/or automobile)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.