Inside Sales Representative
Job ID 1473
Are you a talented Inside Sales professional looking for an opportunity in the metals industry? Castle Metals is in search of a talented and committed individual to join our team in Grand Prairie, Texas, as a full-time Inside Sales Representative.
Responsibilities will include positioning company products to complete sales, responding to customer inquiries and preparing quotes & orders to achieve customer satisfaction consistent with company objectives.
Castle Metals has over 130 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, paid time off, paid parental leave, employee recognition, disability benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Working in a team environment and participating in a quarterly incentive plan based on sales growth are also perks of this position.
The Inside Sales Representative will act as a customer advocate. They will build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with their customers. This role requires a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills.
Previous experience in the metals service center industry is a plus. On the job training may be an option for a coachable candidate with a background in sales, marketing or supply chain. A command of measurements and basic math will be key to understanding product sizes and end use applications. The ability to read blue prints is a plus but not required.
This position is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and expanding customer relationships in order to achieve positive customer experiences, maximize revenue opportunities, and maximize customer retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (performs other duties as assigned):
• Achieves sales and opportunity pipeline metrics which support achievement of commercial sales profit / revenue goals.
• Responsible for servicing, up-selling and cross selling to existing customers.
• Responds to general line customer inquiries via phone, fax or email and provides efficient high level servicing to customer to maximize order and/or problem resolution.
• Examples include determining material availability, conformance to customer requirements, quoting prices, and providing a reasonable delivery commitment designed to obtain the customer's order.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One year of experience in sales support environment with customer relationship and maintenance responsibility
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
• General office environment (keyboard, mouse, telephone use)
• Manual dexterity (grasp, hand/wrist movement)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.