Electrical and Control Technician
This position reports to the Director of Engineering through the Electrical Engineering Discipline Lead and will also work closely with the Manager of Field Implementation. Primary responsibilities include developing standardized instrumentation and control approaches, specifying and procuring control hardware and software, control and operator interface programming, shop inspection and testing, field wiring inspections, performing/documenting system commissioning activities, and providing ongoing technical support to field operations. Duties may also include power distribution design and installation oversight, commissioning/decommissioning support, and inspecting/testing existing process equipment for re-deployment. Maintain a high level of professionalism and commitment to quality production. Some travel (up to 30%) will be required.
- Exhibit positive attitude and behaviors at all times, specifically relative to the company, employees and clients. Promote teamwork; demonstrate teamwork and a willingness to support company goals.
- Communicate Lessons Learned to Operations Management Team as needed and discovered. Mentor less experienced team members, providing leadership and an environment that encourages safety, teamwork, initiative, and growth.
- Identify classes and training needed for career development.
Health and Safety
- Health and Safety: Understand the current Health & Safety Program documents; recommend additional policies and/or procedures as needed or discovered, train/coach staff, and help enforce compliance.
- Maintain compliance with all Health and Safety Plans, ensure company policies and programs are observed without exception.
- Review and assist in development of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams as they relate to instrument selection, control, and alarming functionality.
- Review and approve vendor submittals for packaged equipment.
- Specify and procure instruments, control hardware, and control software.
- Review and/or develop control logic specifications and alarm/interlock summaries.
- Develop PLC/HMI software.
- Develop ladder logic, operator interface programming, and relay-based control systems to meet project demands.
- Develop or assist in the development of power distribution system designs.
- Development of Operations and Maintenance Manuals.
- Develop system testing procedures unique to project orientation and specifications.
- Inspect, shop test, and document process equipment, instrumentation, and controls in our inventory.
- Inspect, test, verify, and document OEM fabricated hardware and controls.
- Field inspection and verification of power and control wiring installations.
- Coordinate and document controls inspection/testing activities with OEM field staff during commissioning.
- Ongoing office and field technical support to field operations staff.
- Associates degree or equivalent in technical discipline area
- 3-5 years minimum experience in the environmental remediation and/or industry wastewater treatment preferred
- 3-5 years minimum experience in PLC/HMI specification and programming
- Experience with P3000 hardware and related programming a plus
- Experience with power distribution for rotating equipment and heaters is a plus
- 40 Hr. OSHA Hazwoper training, and current 8 hr refresher training preferred
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must pass required pre-employment physical (including drug/alcohol testing) and annual medical surveillance physical examination for clearance to work on hazardous waste sites
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time, and up to 2 – 3 weeks at a time as project needs dictate
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site atwww.cascade-env.com/careers.