Technical Services Manager
Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
The Client Services Manager (CSM) will work to build market growth by locating, developing, negotiating and closing business relationships identified within Cascade Technical Services (CTS). The CSM will lead business development activities in their select geographic market/region, primarily calling on new or dormant clients and prospects that utilize the suite of drilling services Cascade has to offer. The CSM will collaborate with CTS staff and Senior Leadership to establish and execute strategic plans in an effort to meet/exceed stipulated revenue growth goals and objectives. This position requires a thorough knowledge of the drilling market conjunction with a strong familiarity of the various competitors in the assigned market area. The CSM will also be responsible for funneling the opportunity pipeline in order to promote a steady stream of future revenue growth.
- Research and build relationships with new and dormant clients and prospects that are interested, or have a need, in our host of drilling services and options
- Set up appointments and/or brown bags with key decision makers in an effort to communicate Cascade’s drilling capabilities and value propositions
- Understand and communicate the various drilling options/methods and participate in bid review calls and meetings, when required
- Work to facilitate client conflict resolution when issues have been raised beyond the field staff
- Work closely with Marketing for lead follow-up & response (i.e. web requests, referrals, campaigns/initiatives, webinars, etc.)
- Work with assigned area Key Accounts and assist the KAM with implementing a regional account strategy
- Must routinely and effectively utilize our current CRM (Salesforce) for documenting and tracking all business development, opportunity and follow-up activities
- Will comply with specific financial goals and company stipulated BD metrics, KPIs and benchmarks for your assigned area
- Engage in Cascade’s EHS Program…perform periodic MJSI Field Audits, when applicable
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of sales, marketing or business development experience
- Willingness and initiative to “cold-call” new or dormant clients/prospects
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and business acumen
- Ability to travel overnight for 1-day or multi-day trips, when required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), Apple OS platforms, and SalesForce
- Must be a team player and can effectively work independently
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this position.
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Cascade is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at (425) 527-9700.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site at www.cascade-env.com/careers.
Interested in learning more about Cascade and how we provide Excellence on Every Level? Click here to learn more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwzxUvjbHC0.