Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
This position is with TerraTherm in Gardner, MA. TerraTherm is a worldwide leader in the development and implementation of in situ and on-site thermal remediation of organic contaminants. TerraTherm designs, builds and operates projects from concept to closure, using Thermal Conduction Heating (TCH), Steam Enhanced Extraction (SEE), Electrical Resistance Heating (ERH), and combinations of the technologies above.
This position reports to the Implementation Manager and is responsible for the safe operation of process equipment on thermal remediation projects. This is a mid/senior-level position in which you will lead operations of a team on a wide range of project and task related assignments. Primary responsibilities will be to complete routine maintenance and operational tasks as well as manage and train other less experienced team members. The Operator must maintain a high level of professionalism and commitment to quality production. This position will also assist with the construction and de-mobilization of projects and various sites.
- Leadership Style; exhibit positive attitude and behaviors at all times, specifically relative to the company, employees and clients. Promote teamwork; demonstrate teamwork and a willingness to support company goals.
- Communicate Lessons Learned to the Implementation Manager and/or Project Manager as needed and discovered. Mentor less experience team members, providing leadership and an environment that encourages safety, teamwork, initiative, and growth.
- Identify classes and training options needed for career development.
Health and Safety
- Health and Safety; understand the current Health & Safety Program documents; recommend additional policies and/or procedures as needed or discovered, train/coach staff, and help enforce compliance.
- Maintain compliance with all Health and Safety Plans, ensure company policies and programs are observed without exception.
- Complete assigned tasks and duties.
- Periodically perform physical exertions including light-medium weight lifting, pushing, pushing, pulling, stair or ladder climbing, and other construction/maintenance activities for 8 to 12 hour shifts.
- Troubleshoot and repair project and equipment issues.
- Respond to alarms afterhours within timeframe designated for the project.
- Ensure time sheets, packing slips, and receipts are submitted weekly.
- Maintain tools and equipment. Inform Implementation Manager of missing or damaged tools or equipment.
- Ensure tools, equipment, and supplies are secured before leaving the site.
- Keep trucks, equipment, and tool trailer clean, organized, and free of clutter.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- 4-8 years of process equipment operations, mechanical troubleshooting, and/or electrical maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
- 4 years of experience in the environmental remediation industry highly preferred.
- Familiarity with various trades including drilling, earthwork, concrete, pipefitting, electrical, and hoisting & rigging a plus.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must pass required pre-employment and annual medical surveillance physical examination for clearance to work on hazardous waste sites
- Ability to periodically perform physical exertions including light-medium weight lifting (up to 50 lbs.), pushing, pulling, climbing stairs or ladders, and other construction/maintenance activities for shifts ranging 8-12 hours in duration.
- 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training, and current 8-hour refresher training
- Self-starter and outgoing personality traits
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to take direction and act independently
- Strong communications and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized while doing so
- Background and knowledge of PLC control systems
- Background and knowledge of 480V 3 phase motors and controls
- Background and knowledge in the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of a diverse range of process equipment
- This is a field position and requires extensive travel typically three (3) to five (5) week rotational shifts to project locations throughout the country on a full-time basis.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site atwww.cascade-env.com/careers.