Did you play in the dirt as a kid? Do you enjoy working outdoors on hands-on projects? Is one of your goals to travel around the United States? Look no further! Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
(Don’t like reading job descriptions? Check out our video job description HERE!)
Applicants throughout the state of Arizona are encouraged to apply and will be considered for this role.
The Pump Operator ensures drilling operations are conducted in accordance with the drilling plan from implementation, completion, and abandonment of drill sites. The Pump Operator works with the crew in preparing the equipment and site for the drilling operation. Setup and breakdown of drilling sites, which includes repetitive bending, lifting, and climbing, may be done daily. This individual promotes safety and reports safety problems, incidents, accidents, or irregularities.
Work is outdoors in all weather conditions and generally physically demanding. This position requires extensive travel up to 95% of the time, both regionally and nationally, and the ability to work with a small crew. The Pump Operator will receive paid on-the-job training.
- Able and willing to perform the Driller Assistant and Driller roles and to backfill if necessary
- Ability and knowledge to operate drill pump hoist and associated equipment
- Assures safety training is current and documented
- Maintains daily drilling reports
- Checks and maintains equipment in good and safe repair
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisors and prepares documentation
- Performs miscellaneous maintenance duties in field or shop as directed
- Serves as a crew leader, training and mentoring employees while maintaining a safe environment
- Approves employee timesheets for assigned crew
- Completes well logs, logbook, repair orders, tailgates, and Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Maintains positive relationship with client
- Manages the work site activity
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of MSDS, CEU’s and JSA’s
- Maintains all required certifications and training
- Promotes positive and professional relationships with client
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a valid driver’s license- CDL preferred
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment background screening and drug test
- Willing to travel between 80%-95% of the time, both regionally and nationally
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- One to three (1-3) years’ experience in the drilling industry
- Driller license as required in applicable state(s)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds throughout the day, maneuver in small areas, and stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of safety policies, regulations, and a demonstrated record of excellent safe work habits
- Knowledge of submersible pumps, electrical pump wiring and hook up, air compressor operations, and airlifting
Offer of employment is conditional upon passing a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test and maintaining a clean driving record, in accordance with DOT requirements.
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive, paid on-the-job training
- Flexible career paths with opportunities for advancement and growth
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- Drilling License Bonuses / CDL License Pay Increases / Tuition Reimbursement
- Performance-based pay increases and potential for project bonuses
- Charitable monetary donation match to eligible nonprofit organizations
We are proud to provide a full range of competitive and flexible benefits programs that help our employees, and their families plan for today and their future.
Who are you?
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Desire to learn new skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
Learn more about what a Cascade Driller Assistant does HERE.
Find out why our employees choose Cascade and what it’s like to work in various Cascade roles on our Careers Page.