Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
This position is with TerraTherm in Gardner, MA. TerraTherm is a worldwide leader in the development and implementation of in situ and on-site thermal remediation of organic contaminants. TerraTherm designs, builds and operates projects from concept to closure, using Thermal Conduction Heating (TCH), Steam Enhanced Extraction (SEE), Electrical Resistance Heating (ERH), and combinations of the technologies above.
Field Technicians II must be able to perform basic field related tasks including; assembly & disassembly of process equipment, forklift & skid steer operation, and troubleshoot and repair/replace complications that may arise on site in addition to supporting the Field Service Department. Employees at this level must demonstrate initiative; communicate effectively, follow work plans, and have a high level of safety awareness as well as read and understand site specific Health & Safety plans and Activity Hazards Analysis associated with projects. Field Technicians will be expected to participate in Cascade’s health and safety program (CORE) through active engagement in the recognition, identification, reporting and mitigation of hazardous situations, conditions, equipment and/or practices.
The work requires moderate to heavy physical exertion such as working outdoors in extreme temperatures and climates, long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as tooling and consumables materials of the trade (up to 50 pounds).
The work involves potential exposure to hazardous environments that require special safety precautions. For example: working around moving parts, carts, machines, hazardous chemicals, elevated noise levels, etc. Employees are required to use personal protective equipment (PPE) provided by the company including but not limited to: safety glasses, gloves, hard-hats, boots, respirators, protective suits, goggles, and shields. Because of the nature of the position, this position may require some on-call availability, including weekends and holidays. In addition, prolonged travel will be required (5 weeks out / one week home).
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant construction, maintenance, or mechanical experience.
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- OSHA 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certification (provided if needed).
- Possess valid driver’s license and maintain clean driving record with no DUIs, excessive or major violations.
- Submit to and pass, without restrictions, a pre-placement physical exam and drug and alcohol screen.
- Basic to advanced mechanical skills with troubleshooting abilities.
PREFERRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Heavy equipment operations.
- Welding & fabrication.
- Electrical wiring & troubleshooting.
- Drilling experience.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site atwww.cascade-env.com/careers.