Construction Site Manager
This is a skilled supervisory position in the environmental construction field performing remedial action projects. As a Superintendent you will supervise, instruct, and assist various skilled and unskilled team members. The Superintendent will report to the Project Manager (PM) and Operations Manager (OM) on a daily/weekly basis. Generally, the Superintendent will lead, assign tasks and activities, schedule, plan, and direct the field staff, oversee subcontractors, and assist the PM/OM in the implementation of the scope of work. They will have knowledge of construction work sites and skills including interpretation of plans, blueprints, customers specific needs, health and safety program goals and general duties to complete projects safely, on time and under budget.
Leadership and Management
- Leadership Style; exhibit positive attitude and behaviors at all times, specifically relative to the company, employees and clients. Promote teamwork; demonstrate teamwork and a willingness to support project/company goals
- Communicate Lessons Learned to the PM/OM as needed and discovered. Mentor staff personnel, providing leadership and an environment that encourages safety, teamwork, initiative, and growth
- Manage site personnel; act as a resource for the field team during construction for trouble-shooting, including communication between owner representative, Panther PM and the field construction team to ensure timely and efficient construction progress and practices. Supervise site workers and subcontractors during construction/site activities
- Instruct and coach team members in safe operation and use of equipment and tools
- Supervise the work of subcontractors and less experienced field staff
Health and Safety
- Health and Safety leader and advocate; Understand the current Health & Safety Program documents; recommend additional policies and/or procedures as needed or discovered, train/coach staff, and help enforce compliance. Perform field site inspections according to protocol. Report to (PM) regarding recommendations and noncompliance issues
- Enforce compliance with all Health and Safety Plans, ensure company policies and programs are followed without exception
- Become familiar with project work plans, project schedule, staffing and work scope, and discuss any concerns with PM/OM
- Prepare daily reports
- Ensure time sheets, packing slips, and receipts are submitted weekly
- Assist team members with any problems and be proactive in solving potential problems or issues before they arise
- Maintain tools and equipment; re-stock missing or damaged tools and equipment Ensure tools, equipment, and supplies are secured at the end of each shift and the site is secure before leaving each day
- 5 years of construction experience in a strong Forman or leadership/supervisory position of 4+ reports
- 3 years of experience in the environmental remediation industry preferred.
- Familiar/skilled with various trades including earthwork/excavations, concrete, pipefitting, hoisting, rigging, heavy equipment operation, pumps, lasers, grade, sheetpiling, pugmill, soil stabilization, water treatment, demolition and other related tasks
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must pass required pre-employment and annual medical surveillance physical examination for clearance to work on hazardous waste sites
- Ability to periodically perform physical exertions including light-medium weight lifting, pushing, pulling, stair or ladder climbing, and other construction/maintenance activities for 8 to 12 hour shifts
- 40 Hr. OSHA HAZWOPER training, and current 8 hr. refresher training
- CPR/First aid a plus
- TWIC a plus
- CDL license a plus
- Self-starter and outgoing personality traits
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to take direction and also assess situation and perform independently
- Strong communications and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized while doing so
- This is a field position and may require travel to job sites throughout the country on an intermediate basis (2-3 weeks at a time may be necessary) Hotel and per diems provided by the company, as well as transportation.
Offer of employment is conditional upon passing a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test and maintaining a clean driving record, in accordance with DOT requirements.
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Cascade is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at (425) 527-9700.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive, paid on-the-job training
- Flexible career paths with opportunities for advancement and growth
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- Drilling License Bonuses / CDL License Pay Increases / Tuition Reimbursement
- Performance-based pay increases and potential for project bonuses
- Charitable monetary donation match to eligible nonprofit organizations
We are proud to provide a full range of competitive and flexible benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future.
Who are you?
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Desire to learn new skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
Learn more about what a Cascade Driller Assistant does HERE.
Find out why our employees choose Cascade and what it’s like to work in various Cascade roles on our Careers Page.