Did you play in the dirt as a kid? Does working with your hands sound like the most appealing part of a career? Is one of your goals to travel around the United States?
Look no further! Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
This position is in charge of ensuring drilling operations are in accordance with the drilling plan from implementation, completion and abandonment of drill sites. The Driller works with the crew in preparing the equipment and site for the drilling operation setup and breakdown of drilling sites, which includes repetitive bending, lifting and climbing, may be done on a daily basis. This individual promotes safety, reports safety problems, incidents, accidents, or irregularities. Acts as a team leader for drilling crews.
Includes knowledge and ability to perform the Driller Assistant and Driller, Sr roles and to backfill if necessary.
- Ability and knowledge to operate drill rig and drilling equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to maneuver in small areas
- Assures safety training is current and logged
- Maintains daily drilling reports
- Checks and maintains equipment in good and safe repair
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisors and prepares documentation
- Performs miscellaneous maintenance duties in field or shop as directed by supervisors
- Is a crew leader, training and mentoring employees while maintaining a safe environment
- Approve employee timesheets
- Complete well logs, logbook, repair orders, DVIR inspection sheet and tailgates
- Maintain positive relationship with client
- Manage the work site activity
- Continuous study of MSDS, CEU’s and JSA’s
- Maintain all certifications
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Train crew members as needed
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years’ experience in the drilling industry
- One year of experience as a driller with a variety of rigs
- Driller license as required in applicable state(s)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds throughout the day
- CDL – Class A
- Knowledge of safety policies, regulations, and a demonstrated record of excellent safe work habits
- HAZWOPER certified
- Possess valid driver's license and maintain clean driving record with no DUIs, excessive or major violations
- Submit to and pass, without restrictions, a pre-placement physical exam and drug and alcohol screening
- This is field position and requires travel to job sites throughout the region, and sometimes the country, on a full-time basis
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site at http://www.cascade-env.com/careers.
Interested in learning more about Cascade and how we provide Excellence on Every Level? Click here to learn more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwzxUvjbHC0.