Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
This position is with TerraTherm in Gardner, MA. TerraTherm is a worldwide leader in the development and implementation of in situ and on-site thermal remediation of organic contaminants. TerraTherm designs, builds and operates projects from concept to closure, using Thermal Conduction Heating (TCH), Steam Enhanced Extraction (SEE), Electrical Resistance Heating (ERH), and combinations of the technologies above.
This is a skilled supervisory position in the construction, operation and de-mobilization of projects and sites. The Foreman will supervise, instruct and assist various skilled and unskilled team members. The foreman will report to the Manager of Field Implementation (MFI) or Implementation Manager (IM). Generally, the Foreman will work side by side with many of the field staff, oversee subcontractors, and assist the MFI/IM in the implementation of goals and duties to complete projects safely, on time and under budget.
- Serve as the Site Superintendent in the day to day construction of ISTR sites
- Work collaboratively with Project Management and Engineering to assist in planning and optimizing of upcoming work and meeting schedule.
- Be a hands-on leader and working supervisor for TerraTherm crews and/or subcontractors
- Prepares Daily and Weekly Safety Reports; holds pre-task safety meetings with subcontractors; attends mandatory monthly safety meetings; posts all required safety information in trailer; collects and maintains all project specific MSDS information in a well-organized binder; documents all safety documentation
- 5-10 years of construction experience in a Foreman or leadership position
- Experience in the environmental remediation industry preferred
- Excellent computer and technology skills with experience using MS Projects
- Must pass required pre-employment and annual medical surveillance physical examination for clearance to work on hazardous waste sites
- Ability to periodically perform physical exertions including light-medium weight lifting, pushing, pulling, stair or ladder climbing, and other construction/maintenance activities for 8 to 12 hour shifts
- Self-starter and outgoing personality traits
- Ability to interpret construction drawing packages.
- Ability to take direction and act independently
- Outstanding communication skills verbal and written. Establishes collaborative relationships with internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Excellent technical skills, proficient in reading, understanding, drawing packages and job specifications.
- Execute scheduled work while utilizing company safety programs to evaluate job hazards and manage risks throughout job tasks.
- Delegate tasks to field crews with clear man-hour expectations and safe performance criteria.
- This position requires extensive travel across the US. Lodging and Travel arrangements provided by TerraTherm.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site at www.cascade-env.com/careers.