Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
This position is with TerraTherm in Gardner, MA. TerraTherm is a worldwide leader in the development and implementation of in situ and on-site thermal remediation of organic contaminants. TerraTherm designs, builds and operates projects from concept to closure, using Thermal Conduction Heating (TCH), Steam Enhanced Extraction (SEE), Electrical Resistance Heating (ERH), and combinations of the technologies above.
This is a skilled supervisory position in the construction, operation and de-mobilization of projects and sites. The Foreman will supervise, instruct and assist various skilled and unskilled team members. The foreman will report to the Manager of Field Implementation (MFI) or Implementation Manager (IM). Generally, the Foreman will work side by side with many of the field staff, oversee subcontractors, and assist the MFI/IM in the implementation of goals and duties to complete projects safely, on time and under budget.
Leadership and Management
- Leadership Style; always exhibit positive attitude and behaviors, specifically relative to the company, employees and clients. Promote teamwork; demonstrate teamwork and a willingness to support company goals.
- Communicate Lessons Learned to the MFI/IM as needed and discovered. Mentor staff personnel, providing leadership and an environment that encourages safety, teamwork, initiative, and growth.
- Manage site personnel; act as a resource for the field team during construction for troubleshooting, including communication between engineering and the construction team to ensure timely and efficient construction progress and practices. Supervise TerraTherm project site workers and subcontractors during construction/de-mobilization.
- Instruct and coach team members in safe operation and use of equipment and tools.
- Supervise the work of subcontractors and less experienced field staff.
Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Supervisor; Understand the current Health & Safety Program documents; recommend additional policies and/or procedures as needed or discovered, train/coach staff, and help enforce compliance. Perform field site inspections according to protocol. Report to MFI/IM/Project Manager (PM) regarding recommendations and noncompliance issues.
- Enforce compliance with all Health and Safety Plans, ensure company policies and programs are followed without exception.
- Become familiar with project work plans, project schedule, staffing and work scope, and discuss any concerns with MFI/IM/PM.
- Prepare daily reports if no senior team member is on site.
- Ensure time sheets, packing slips, and receipts are submitted weekly.
- Assist team members with any problems and be proactive in solving potential problems or issues before they arise.
- Maintain tools and equipment; re-stock missing or damaged tools and equipment. Ensure tools, equipment, and supplies are secured at the end of each shift and the site is secure before leaving each day.
- 5 years of construction experience in a Forman or leadership position
- 3 years of experience in the environmental remediation industry preferred
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must pass required pre-employment and annual medical surveillance physical examination for clearance to work on hazardous waste sites
- Ability to periodically perform physical exertions including light-medium weight lifting, pushing, pulling, stair or ladder climbing, and other construction/maintenance activities for 8 to 12 hour shifts
- 40 Hr. OSHA HAZWOPER training, and current 8 hr. refresher training
- Familiar with various trades including drilling, earthwork, concrete, pipefitting, electrical, and hoisting and rigging
- Self-starter and outgoing personality traits
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to take direction and act independently
- Strong communications and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized while doing so
- This is a field position and requires travel to job sites throughout the country on a full time basis (3-5 weeks at a time)
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site at www.cascade-env.com/careers.