Senior Electrical Engineer
We are seeking an experienced electrical engineer to take a lead role in electrical engineering for soil and groundwater remediation projects across the United States. This role includes performing, leading, and directing electrical engineering design and field activities on multiple concurrent projects. You will be involved in projects from conception through completion. We will count on you to bring your skills and experience to the job and to keep an open mind about alternative approaches to engineering design and problem solving.
A successful Senior Electrical Engineer will lead the electrical design and field installation activities on our projects, including electrical power distribution for 480V loads from 500 kVA to 5000 kVA. The work involves a range of office-based design, calculation, planning and specification activities as well as hands-on work in our fabrication shop and at field project sites. Hands-on work in the shop or field includes assembling, testing, and inspecting electrical power distribution equipment such as switchboards, panelboards, transformers, SCR power controllers, motors, VFDs, control panels and other related equipment. Field work may also involve hands-on installation testing and QC inspection of electrical equipment as well as supervision of company staff and subcontracted electricians. The position may involve direct supervision of staff electrical/controls engineers, technicians, and shop/field electricians.
- Transform concept layouts/designs into fabrication and installation drawings;
- Develop electrical drawings and calculate power loads;
- Support interactions with internal team and third parties to obtain all required electrical permits;
- Coordinate, schedule, manage various electrical installation activities;
- Coordinate activities within the electrical engineering discipline for projects;
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines for all projects;
- Carry out detailed design, sizing, and calculations and verify and check designs completed by others;
- Review, check and approve all engineering deliverables produced;
- Generate MTOs and shop work orders for electrical equipment, materials, and supplies. QC MTOs and work orders produced by others for electrical equipment, materials, and supplies;
- Oversee maintenance, testing and repair of company-owned electrical equipment;
- Lead electrical design aspects of company research and development projects;
- Implement annual electrical training programs for staff engineers, construction personnel, and operations staff;
- Develop and implement corporate and project-level QA/QC procedures for the Electrical/Control practice area as needed;
- Provide guidance and advice related to electrical engineering to project stakeholders; and,
- Ensure designs comply with local and national electrical codes and Health, Safety & Environmental rules.
- Works well with others in a project team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding electrical system designs and implementation support.
- College/University graduate preferred with 10 years of relevant electrical engineering experience or an equivalent combination of skills and experience. MS in engineering discipline preferred. Professional Engineer registration strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel for meetings, site visits and project electrical activities as needed (expect less than 20% travel; durations typically one week).