The Mechanic must have the ability to perform general maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting on various types of trucks and equipment. General understanding of diesel engines, gas powered engines, hydraulics, electrical systems, and pumps.
Perform all maintenance and repair functions on all equipment per company policy and DOT regulations. The Mechanic must have the ability to perform general maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting on various types of trucks and equipment. General understanding of diesel engines, gas powered engines, hydraulics, electrical systems, and pumps. Knowledge of drilling rigs and equipment preferred. In addition, flexibility with the ability to multi-task and prioritize, as well as organizational skills are required as there are a variety of requests made on a daily basis of this person. In addition, a positive attitude, along with a willingness to help other employees, is required. The ability to work in a team environment without supervision is necessary for success.
- Review all repair request forms, make suggestions, obtain pricing, and discuss options with the Shop Manager, if necessary, for completing the repair
- Repair and maintain all drill rigs, trucks, trailers and other equipment
- Complete paperwork for all repairs and maintenance and maintain records
- Perform 90 day and annual inspections on all drill rigs, trucks, trailers and other equipment. Complete the inspections in accordance with DOT regulations
- Inspect and diagnose physical conditions of equipment on a regular basis to ensure safety standards are met
- Manages and directs field testing for all completed work requests, communicating end results to initial requestor and Shop Supervisor or Operations Manager
- Maintain proper notification and documentation of all vehicles down time, fixes and resolutions-maintaining files appropriately
- Requisition of materials, parts, and supplies
- Responsible for keeping rig and equipment in good working order and condition
- Document exceptions and forward to the Administrative Assistant to enter in the computer
- Use diagnostic equipment
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Performs all duties in compliance safety practices, policies, procedures and government regulations
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CDL A preferred
- At least three years of mechanical experience with an emphasis on heavy equipment and tractor repair
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds throughout the day
- Proficient understanding of hydraulics, diesel engines, welding and fabrication
- Proof of mechanical training, classes, and certification
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Work overtime and various shifts
- Knowledge of power/hand tools and diagnostic equipment
- Read and understand manufacture repair manuals
- Computer competency
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
Interested in learning more about Cascade and how we provide Excellence on Every Level? Click here to learn more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwzxUvjbHC0.
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site at www.cascade-env.com/careers.