Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
This position reports to TerraTherm’s Technology Team Manager. The Senior Technologist is a key technology gatekeeper, specializing in making projects successful, training staff in design, monitoring and optimization of in situ thermal technologies, and combined remedies. The primary responsibilities include strategic oversight of a subset of TerraTherm’s operating sites with focus on remedy effectiveness and timeliness, principal engineering, and technical sales support efforts.
- Direct In Situ Thermal Remediation (ISTR) and combined remedy design projects (scoping of ISTR, conceptual design, scheduling, preliminary costing).
- Direct ISTR and combined remedy pilot tests and full-scale applications as technical director during operation and support project team in the successful achievement of project goals.
- Participate in, and present at, critical project meetings with clients, authorities, and regulators.
- Quality control and review of design reports and models, progress reports, and project completion reports.
- Coach and train staff in the technical direction discipline, including methods for field optimization of heating and extraction systems.
- Plan, direct, and implement advancements and improvements in ISTR and combined remedy designs and implementation methods.
- Consult with and make recommendations to professional management team.
- Solve problems of various degrees of complexity.
Technical Sales Support
- Prepare preliminary and conceptual designs and cost estimates by studying site information and related customer documents, including geology and hydrogeology information. Select the best thermal technology and treatment concept based on contaminant type, client schedule, and remediation goals.
- Collaborate with Cascade Technical Services remediation staff in combining ISTR with injection-, bio- and ISCO technologies, where applicable.
- Support ISTR technical sales staff in the presentation of preliminary and conceptual designs to the client.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending and presenting at educational workshops, conferences, and technical webinars.
- Research and Development – participate in management-driven initiatives and support task leaders with data management, implementation, and interpretation.
- Senior advisor to management on technological advances and direction.
- Publish peer-reviewed professional publications.
- Conduct conference presentations, webinars, and training sessions (internal and external).
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, or Science.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the environmental remediation business, with some experience in thermal remediation.
- Experience in thermodynamics.
- Strong understanding of subsurface concepts and parameters.
- Strong technical presentation and writing skills.
- Preferred location is at TerraTherm’s main office in Gardner, MA, but remote locations will be considered.
- Ability to travel to project sites for meetings and technical oversight of field activities, as needed.
- Self-starter and outgoing personality traits.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to take direction and act independently.
- Strong communications and organization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized while doing so.
Note: The successful applicant will join TerraTherm’s Technology Team. The team currently has seven members and serves all TerraTherm’s thermal projects as well as some combined remediation projects executed via Cascade Technical Services. Relevant remedies include Thermal Conduction Heating, Electrical Resistance Heating, Steam Enhanced Extraction, In Situ Chemical Oxidation, In Situ Chemical Reduction, and Enhanced Bioremediation. The projects are mostly in North America, but work is on-going in Asia, Brazil and Europe as well.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site at www.cascade-env.com/careers.