Did you play in the dirt as a kid? Do you enjoy working outdoors on hands-on projects? Is one of your goals to travel around the United States? Look no further! Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
(Don’t like reading job descriptions? Check out our video job description HERE!)
The Driller ensures drilling operations are in accordance with the drilling plan from implementation, completion and abandonment of drill sites. The Driller leads the crew in preparing the equipment and site for drilling operation setup and breakdown, which includes repetitive bending, lifting and climbing. The Driller promotes safety and reports safety problems, incidents, accidents, or irregularities. The Driller serves as a team leader for drilling crews. Work is outdoors in all weather conditions and generally physically demanding. This position requires extensive travel up to 95% of the time, both regionally and nationally, and the ability to work with a small crew.
The Driller will receive paid on-the-job training to facilitate continuing career advancement.
- Ability and knowledge to operate drill rig and drilling equipment
- Assures safety training is current and logged
- Maintains daily drilling reports
- Ensures equipment is in safe working condition and conducts routine and preventative maintenance, as needed
- Leads a drilling crew by training and mentoring employees and maintaining a safe environment
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of MSDS, CEU’s and JSA’s
- Approves employee timesheets
- Completes well logs, logbook, repair orders, tailgates, and Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Promotes positive and professional relationships with client
- Maintains all required certifications and training
- Completes other duties and projects, as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- CDL – Class A and State Driller License required
- 3-5 years’ experience in the environmental drilling industry, with at least one (1) year of experience operating a variety of rigs (i.e. sonic, rotary, auger)
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment background screening and drug test
- Willing to travel between 80%-95% of the time, both regionally and nationally
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds throughout the day, maneuver in small areas, and stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of safety policies, regulations, and a demonstrated record of excellent safety habits
- HAZWOPER certification preferred
Offer of employment is conditional upon passing a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test and maintaining a clean driving record, in accordance with DOT requirements.
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Cascade is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at (425) 527-9700.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive, paid on-the-job training
- Flexible career paths with opportunities for advancement and growth
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- Drilling License Bonuses / CDL License Pay Increases / Tuition Reimbursement
- Performance-based pay increases and potential for project bonuses
- Charitable monetary donation match to eligible nonprofit organizations
- We are proud to provide a full range of competitive and flexible benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future.
Who are you?
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Desire to learn new skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
Learn more about what a Cascade Driller Assistant does HERE.
Find out why our employees choose Cascade and what it’s like to work in various Cascade roles on our Careers Page.