Did you enjoy tinkering with cars as a kid? Do you enjoy working on hands-on projects? Look no further! Come join an amazing team of close to 900 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level!
(Don’t like reading job descriptions? Check out our video job description HERE!)
The Mechanic will perform all maintenance and repair functions on all equipment in accordance with company policy and DOT regulations. The Mechanic must have the ability to perform general maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting on various types of trucks and equipment. General understanding of diesel engines, gas powered engines, hydraulics, electrical systems, and pumps is required. Knowledge of drilling rigs and equipment is preferred. In addition, flexibility with the ability to multi-task and prioritize, as well as organizational skills are required. A positive attitude, along with a willingness to help other employees, is required. The ability to work in a team environment without supervision is necessary for success.
- Review all Repair Request Forms, make recommendations, obtain pricing, and discuss options with the Shop Manager
- Repair and maintain all drill rigs, trucks, trailers, and other equipment
- Complete paperwork for all repairs and maintenance and update records
- Perform 90 day and annual inspections on all drill rigs, trucks, trailers, and other equipment, complete the inspections in accordance with DOT regulations
- Inspect and diagnose physical conditions of equipment on a regular basis to ensure safety standards are met
- Assure quality of all completed work requests, communicating end results appropriately
- Maintain proper notification and documentation of all vehicle down time, fixes, and resolutions.
- Oversee requisition of materials, parts, and supplies
- Apply proper use of diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot
- Perform all duties in compliance with safety practices, policies, procedures, and regulations
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a valid driver’s license- CDL preferred
- At least three (3) years of mechanical experience with an emphasis on heavy equipment and tractor repair
- Proficient understanding of hydraulics, diesel engines, welding, and fabrication
- Proof of mechanical training, classes, and certification
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Ability to work overtime as requested
- Knowledge of power/hand tools
- Computer competency
- Testing negative in a drug screen for the presence of controlled substances
- Satisfactory results of a background check (and your authorization to conduct a routine background check)
- Possessing a valid Driver’s License for the state in which you reside and satisfactory results of a Motor Vehicle Report
- Obtaining and maintaining an interstate DOT Medical Card and meeting all Federal Interstate FMCSA requirements to operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Passing a HAZWOPER physical
- Verifying your legal right to work in the United States under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA)
- Satisfactory results of additional testing and / or screenings, if applicable.
Offer of employment is conditional upon passing a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test and maintaining a clean driving record, in accordance with DOT requirements.
Cascade Environmental, LLC, and our subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination. EEO is the Law.
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive, paid on-the-job training
- Flexible career paths with opportunities for advancement and growth
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- Drilling License Bonuses / CDL License Pay Increases / Tuition Reimbursement
- Performance-based pay increases and potential for project bonuses
- Charitable monetary donation match to eligible nonprofit organizations
We are proud to provide a full range of competitive and flexible benefits programs that help our employees, and their families plan for today and their future.
Who are you?
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Desire to learn new skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
Learn more about what a Cascade Driller Assistant does HERE.
Find out why our employees choose Cascade and what it’s like to work in various Cascade roles on our Careers Page.