Senior Developer (12 Month Contract) - CARFAX Canada
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be eating a catered lunch with your team mates. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office at 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away. What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits like a wellness spending fund, a company-matched pension program, monthly “work from anywhere” days, yearly performance-based bonuses, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce an opening for a Senior Developer to work with us in an agile framework. We are expanding our product offerings and will need a creative, experienced Senior Developer to help take us there. In this role you will work on-site from our London, ON office and will report to one of our Development Team Leads.
You are a full stack computer science specialist with a minimum of 5 years of programming experience under your belt, and a proven ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical team members. Your code writing is clean and can be easily consumed, and enhanced, by other team members. You are project and end-results focused, as well as motivated to solve challenging problems by applying innovative and collaboratively built solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for an extremely detail-oriented, creative, and organized candidate to excel.
- Assist with back end API’s, websites and applications using SQL, C#, and more
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Continually research new tools and technology, and make recommendations to improve current processes
- Knowledge and experience in design patterns and SDLC
- Create documentation and implement code standards using best practices for our services
- Mentor Co-op, Junior, and Intermediate Developers to strengthen the team
- Be responsible for implementing application architectural best practices when beginning new projects with the team and understand the functional architecture of our systems
- Lead and participate in code reviews
- Develop unit tests and integration tests
- Participate in sprint planning with team members
- Communicate and facilitate product releases
- Problem solve errors raised by the Support team
- Facilitate deployments using automated build and release tools
- Lead EPIC’s and features being the Technological Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Lead stories from start to end (stories, meeting, sharing of knowledge/requirements
Education and Experience Required:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or information sciences
- Minimum of 5+ years of programming experience
- Experience with CSS, mobile application development, responsive design, RESTful web services, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Git, Jira, automated testing and deployment
- Knowledge of Azure micro services, dependency injection, and SOLID design principles and patterns are considered assets
- Excellent time management
- Strong ability to multitask and handle change
- Sharp attention to detail
- Proven communication skills with technical and non-technical team members
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Great team player with the ability to work individually when required
- Collaborative and innovative problem analysis and problem solving
- Knowledge of Performance, CI, CD, automated testing, and quality methodologies
Equal Opportunity Employer
CARFAX Canada is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website https://www.carfax.ca/careers. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.