DevOps Engineer Network Automation
Join our Winning Team as an DevOps Engineer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, temporarily due to COVID-19, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
*FULLY REMOTE POSITION*
As an DevOps Engineer you will:
- Support and automate highly available network infrastructure across Cloud, LAN, and WAN network environments.
- Support Network Operations Team and Network Engineering Team with scripting, automation, and infrastructure as code.
- Create and maintain end-user self-service functionality by developing Slack integrations.
- Automate routine tasks by writing Python scripts executed by Jenkins or Service Now.
- Maintain automation and scripting environments, such as Jenkins.
- Work with Network Operations to create dashboard solutions, manage and deploy agents, and automate monitoring.
- Proven ability to write Python scripts. 3+ years experience
- Experience using modules like requests, boto3 and paramiko.
- Ability to read and understand API specifications. 3+ years experience
- Ability to use tools like Gitlab or Jenkins to facilitate code deployment.
- Familiarity and regular use of Git.
- Terraform for AWS. 1+ years experience.
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts.
- Familiarity with Grafana/Prometheus desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge of AWS VPC, Transit Gateway, Routing, Direct Connect, Security Groups and networking constructs is desirable, but not required.
- Experience with Chef or Ansible, desirable, but not required.
- Experience with F5, Infoblox, Silver Peak, Palo Alto and Cisco desirable, but not required.
- Experience with Logic Monitor, Kentik, and Forward Networks desirable, but not required.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.