Software Engineer - Data Services
Join our Winning Team as a Software Engineer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. With our best-in-class data, CARFAX helps millions of consumers make informed decisions when buying, selling and shopping for used vehicles across North America. CARFAX is thrilled to be opening an office in downtown Buenos Aires, making this an exciting time to be part of building a new team and unique local culture. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best and even more, the balance and rewards we provide to our employees. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference! Our Employees enjoy a Christmas Holiday Break, a robust Well Being program and flexible Hybrid Work Model.
What makes our Tech Culture Amazing?
We’re passionate about having a creative and innovative environment where our developers collaborate and continuously learn and grow. Autonomy is a key pillar of our tech culture. Our developers have the freedom to bring new tools, frameworks, and ideas to the table knowing their voice will be heard. We’re not afraid of trying new things; if the case is made for a new technology or approach, our developers know it will be tried. Within CARFAX, we value Teamwork. Our development teams work hand in hand with product owners, project leaders, UX designers and Quality Assurance engineers to produce the best products and solutions possible. If you’re a techie who enjoys constantly learning new things, collaborating with teammates, and building best-in-class products and services, you’ll find exciting opportunities at CARFAX!
As a Software Engineer on the Data Services team, you will use big data analytics to build intelligent frameworks that support everything from modernizing legacy processes to crafting original backend systems. The Data Services team uses Agile development methods to harnesses revolutionary tools and innovative thinking to bring forward thinking products to fruition. The team is devoted to working smarter by cutting through the nonsense and getting stuff done. If you are passionate about technology and are looking to accelerate your career while building innovative products, consider a future as a Software Engineer on CARFAX’s Data Services team.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices
- Develop frameworks and tools to process and analyze large amounts of data for business analytics
- Utilize Test Driven, Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
- Communicate directly with internal customers on a daily basis
- Assist in the migration from legacy systems
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and CARFAX
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 2+ years of professional experience with Object Oriented Programming – in Java or a similar language
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with database concepts
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience designing systems based on the received requirements
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent command/highly proficient in spoken English
Experience in more than one of the following is also helpful:
- MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL, ETL
- Docker, Mesos, Spring
- ReactJS, NodeJS
- Git version control
- Testing frameworks, JUnit, Mockito
- AWS knowledge is a plus
- Design patterns is a plus
- Competitive Medical Coverage
- Generous Time Off policies
- Monthly childcare, grocery and electrical / internet allowances
- Education reimbursement
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.