Sr. Project Manager
Join our Team as a Sr. Project Manager
At CARFAX we are constantly EXPANDING our product and technology offerings! This means we are continually bringing new, innovative products to market through exciting technology initiatives to help our customers. We’re seeking a senior project leader to focus on defining, planning, and implementing a diverse set of projects across our Canadian and US teams to launch several complex B2C and B2B products for the Canadian market. You’ll work hand in hand with a large team of project managers and analysts, a driven set of technologists, and business & technology leaders from across the enterprise. You’ll leverage and balance a passion for agile software development with application of sound program and project management practices. You’ll thrive in a team environment where you are well supported and can help launch best-in-market products for our customers.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid-back setting. Our employee-focused culture is consistently recognized with positive accolades and has even earned CARFAX the honor of being named one of the “Great Places to Work” 18 years running by Washingtonian magazine, a Top Work Place 6 times in a row by the Washington Post Magazine, and has been nationally-ranked by Glassdoor.com! Are you ready to join a winning team that delivers trusted products and has a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
As a CARFAX Project Manager you will:
- Develop and refine project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, risks, and contingency plans
- Lead large, global groups of multi-disciplinary teams with highly-talented technical professionals through the execution of tasks defined in the project plan
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule, and costs using a variety of techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes
- Ensure a common understanding across stakeholders and team members by setting and managing expectations in accordance with the project plan
- Gather, articulate, and represent project requirements for our agile software development teams
- Measure project performance using various quantitative tools and techniques in order to monitor and communicate progress, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders in an unbiased manner
- Proactively identify risks and implement approved actions & workarounds to mitigate risk events and minimize the impact to the project
- Establish and cultivate relationships with other departments and organizations to recognize and actively manage dependencies associated with projects
- Generate key project deliverables and facilitate their review
- Actively participate in efforts to improve the way in which we manage projects via progressive tools, processes, and metrics
- Coach peer Project Managers in all areas of agile and project management skills/techniques, as well as tool usage
- Facilitate cross-functional team meetings to ensure communication is clear and teams are aligned
- Bachelor's degree AND eight - ten (8-10) years of combined experience in project and program management OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Direct experience delivering projects using an agile methodology
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven manner
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements that enable more efficient project delivery
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Ability to work across multiple job levels to achieve results
- Experience managing a project team of 10 or more people across multiple locations
- Demonstrated use of sound and proven project management practices and tools; excellent Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and JIRA/Confluence skills
- Passion for project-focused team leadership and execution
- Desire to pragmatically improve PM-related processes
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification such as Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification through the Scrum Alliance
- Master’s degree in a related field
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.