Join our Winning team as a UX/UI Designer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with like-minded people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Everything from annual company outings, to monthly new hire happy hours and being a dog friendly work place. And don’t forget about the gear! Every day you will see CARFAXers walking around the office sporting CARFAX t-shirts, hats, backpacks and more. Are you looking to join a company you’ll be proud to show off? If so, take a detour from the daily grind and apply today!
At CARFAX we’ve been creating revolutionary products for more than 30 years. We’re looking for someone to join our team with a passion for creating a consistent, engaging, and delightful experience for our portfolio of websites and mobile app offerings. We seek an inspiring designer with proven expertise in blending user-centered design methodologies and flawless execution to create digital experiences that are intuitive and delightful to use. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, desire to be part of a dynamic creative team, this may be the perfect job for you.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will:
- Collaborate side by side with product and marketing managers as well as developers across the business to design high-quality digital products and user experiences.
- Use creative research methods and available data to inform design decisions and evaluate the effective of the designs.
- Design high-quality, thoughtful interfaces that balance aesthetics and usability.
- Use prototyping tools to demonstrate interactive designs that captivate our users.
- Enjoy working with agile development teams on applications, and helping our product manager focus on realistic deliverables.
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
- Are familiar with possibilities and the limitations of current development approaches for web applications and native mobile applications.
- Illustrate a firm grasp of the user centered design process (Strategy, Research, Design and Testing), and be able to lead the product team through the various stages when applicable.
In a given week, our UX/UI Designers might be:
- Leading a whiteboard session with the rest of the project team (product manager, developers, etc.) to brainstorm designs.
- Creating user workflows or information architecture for a complex new feature.
- Evaluate the usability of a proposed feature or product by testing a prototype with users.
- Facilitate workshops with the product team to help evaluate which product concepts to build out.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Have 3-5 years of experience designing mobile and web interfaces.
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with digital product design.
- Have prior experience designing native mobile apps (iOS and Android).
- Be proficient in using design tools such as the Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have an online portfolio of UX/UI work samples you can share with us.*
*Please Note: an online portfolio is required for consideration.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.